Which tube is this?

I have two of these tubes:

The information I can read from the tube is:

Tungsram

? 25/800

4V ? 800

Oscillator

Can anybody help with the correct identity the tube?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andersen

Try cooling the tubes in the refrigerator, and then blow lightly on each one. This will often bring out "invisible" print.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Sorry, but it was nice to look at the plate cap and grid cap on top of the tube ... have not seen that for a loooooooooooooong time!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Cross posted to: news:rec.antiques.radio+phono

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How many pins in the base only?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Five. Four in a rectangle and one in the middle of that.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andersen

B5 base?

See also

Homer J Simpson

I have made a CAD drawing of the base here:

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andersen

Looks like a B5 then with two grid caps. Does one cap go to the outermost tube element (plate)?

+ Required crap appended to avoid restrictions imposed by brain   +
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Yes. The right must be the plate and the left must be the catode.

But which tubemodel could it be?

--
Peter Andersen
www.mespilus.dk

Very odd.

See if your local library has copies of the Babani tube manuals:

Comprehensive Radio Valve Guide (five volumes) by Bernard Babani, reprinted by Radio Bygones, 9 Wetherby Close, Broadstone, BH18 8JB (tel/fax

01202-658474).

Homer J Simpson

I think it is a plate cap and a grid cap.

Reply to
Charles Schuler