Why cant XST sythesis this piece of code

Hi

When running XST then XST is analysing an entity for ages that contains
the following piece of code.

if (signal1 = '1')
    for I in 0 to 15 loop
      if (signal2(I) = '0') then
          Table0(conv_integer(Table(I)) <= '0';
      end if;
    end loop;
end if;

Maybe unrolling the loop should solve the problem? Or is there any other
thing that I could change so that the code sythesises?

THanks

Re: Why cant XST sythesis this piece of code

The lack of an obvious clock signal may have comething to do with it. Pos
the entire process, including sensitivity list, and you may get a mor
definitive answer.

Re: Why cant XST sythesis this piece of code

I don't think you've given enough information to describe your
problem. What errors are you getting from XST? What makes you think
that this piece of code is the problem? How are these signals defined?
Does the code simulate as expected? Looking at this snippet alone, I
don't see anything that would not be synthesizable. Your really should
use numeric_std instead of std_logic_arith, but you've been told that
before, and you apparently insist on using the non-standard, inferior
arithmetic library.

More info please, if you want good help.

Dave

Site Timeline