LogicAnalyzer ispTracy

Hi,

I am trying to implement a debug template in an EC-FPGA (LFEC20E) with the Lattice ispTRACY IP Manager.

I am facing some problems. Maybe someone of you has experienced the same and can lead me into the right direction.

Here are the steps I perform:

  1. In the ispLEVER Project Navigator I open under TOOLS the ispTRACY IP Manager
  2. In the ispTRACY IP Manager I define the RAM depth etc. under CUSTOMIZE, then I click GENERATE to generate the file.
  3. In the CORE LINKER I can connect the signals I want to look at with the generated I/Os of the generated template. When clicking OK a new top level file is generated ("eval_ddr_top_test_debug.vhd")

When importing this new top level file in the Project Navigator I see that in the new top level file there is instantiated a component "test_debug.vhd". But this file is missing. Instead there is just a file "test_debug_tmpl.vhd" which can only be imported as a package. So the component is missing.

Can someone tell me what went wrong or where to find the missing file?

Rgds Andrés

Reply to
Andrés

with

same

IP

with

file

file?

Andres,

What you have done are the correct steps and you can keep going. The "test_deubg.vhd" is a component generated by the linker to interconnect the signals that you want to debug. There is no need to access to this component (you can look at the respective .edi file generated). Therefore, once you import the top level file to your project, this component will be imported as well (ignore the red question mark) and you will be able to generate the respective bitstream to start the debug session (ispTRACY Logic Analyzer).=20

rgds,

cristian

Reply to
cas7406