Template

Like some, I mainly use paper and pencil to design. I was using an old computer programming template which worked pretty well. Now I think the gremlins gave it to the aliens or some shit.

Is there some sort of equivalent ? I looked at the new programming ones and they are a bit pricey considering I would be paying for a bunch of shit I don't need.

Do I really have to use a protractor or some shit for a triangle ?

Reply to
Jeff Urban

I guess that would depend on what you're trying to accomplish with the template. Some symbols are difficult to create with just a straight-edge. Others can be made, but may suffer from consistency problems.

One thing you could do is make your own; a laser cutter -- or even a sharp Xacto and a bit of patience.

Note that you can also opt for "positive" shapes (instead of the negative

*voids* afforded by the template)
Reply to
Don Y

I guess it depends on how big the objects are. Are they just simple 2D objects?

Reply to
Ed Lee

What I do is to draw entirely freehand in pencil, erasing and redrawing as things progress. When the drawing finally settles, only then to I redraw it in MS Visio or maybe a schematic editor. This avoids spending too much time prettifying transient drafts, a complete time sink.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn