EDK6.2i - Error message during PlatGen after adding in HDL files to User IP core

We designed an own IP, which performs some specific ALU operations. We have added it to the FSL interface of the microblaze core. Everything worked properly, but now I have extended the ALU with a root and cubic operation. When I now try to run the synthesis in EDK I get an fatal error with no further information

Error Message:

--------------------------------------- Generating synthesis project file ...

Running XST synthesis ... INFO:MDT - The following instances are synthesized with XST. The MPD option IMP_NETLIST=TRUE indicates that a NGC file is to be produced using XST synthesis. IMP_NETLIST=FALSE (default) instances are not synthesized. A batch file, synthesis.sh, has been created that allows you to synthesize those instances in your specified synthesis tool of choice. fsl_ff3_0_wrapper (fsl_ff3_0) - C:\FF3_Arithmetic\FF3_ALU\system.mhs:133 - Running XST synthesis FATAL_ERROR:MDT:Portability/export/Port_Main.h:127:1.53 - This application has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Process will terminate. To resolve this error, please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at

If you need further assistance, please open a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at
make: *** [implementation/microblaze_0_wrapper.ngc] Error 1 Done.

As I said everything was working properly until I added two new HDL files to my IP module. The compilation and simulation looks fine of these files so there shouldnt be anything wrong with them. I used Mentor Graphics Precision RTL Synthesis and there my whole module was synthesised without any error messages. I also added this two files to my .pao file. I use EDK 6.2.03i.

Anyone encountered a similar problem and has some advice what could be wrong? Unfortunately I cant find anything on the Xilinx Homepage for this kind or error

Best Regards Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Grabher

Phillipp, If you have synthesized your pcore with Mentor Precision, you can bring it into EDK as a blackbox. Use

OPTION STYLE = BLACKBOX

and add a BBD file instead of a PAO in the datadirectory. This way, platgen won't synthesize the IP again and will take the netlist created beforehand.

Amit.

Philipp Grabher wrote:

Reply to
Amit Kasat