Urgent help regarding voltage overstressing

Hi

I need some input regarding following queries related to SRAM memory chip voltage stressing tests. I will appreciate any kind of help and will get in personal contact with anyone who is intersted and has any clue about my queries.

Thanks a lot for help Sincere Regards kartik in case you need to contact me for more details number is

979-676-0438

Memory chip testing for stressed and unstressed chips

terms used

Stressed: Suppling voltage higher than normal operating voltage, to Vcc and Vss pins of SRAM for certain time duration,which is below chip failure time for that voltage.

  1. If I am subjecting Vcc and Vss of SRAM memory chip to higher voltage compared to its normal operating voltage range of 4.5-5.5 V then what is the damage to chip? what change can i observe in chip functioning due to that stressing, will it be in heating rate or temperature difference for stressed and unstressed chips ?

  1. After stressing the chips separately if I replace the chips back on the board and run a code on the board then----Does heating rate pattern be same for stressed and unstressed chip? Does the unstressed and stressed chips vary in their intial chip temperature and final chip temperature obtained under normal use ?

  2. I know chip fails if I keep on stressing it, for eg the SRAM I am using fails in 1 hour at voltage stress of 8V. But if I stress it for say 50 minutes, then would this chip be some how different from the normal chip (unstressed one) or its the other way that the failure state of memory ICs is either 1 or 0 so either they are functioning normally or they fail and there is nothing in between that ?

  1. Will there be differnce in heating rate or temperatue range of the new chips and the chips that i have been using running other experiment for while ( both unstressed )?

Reply to
kart

This is not a valid stress test, and will provide no meaningful results to an OEM.

Stress testing involves operating devices within their specified maximum ratings. Exceeding them serves no useful purpose in design verification or validation, unless it is done in cooperation with the part's manufacturer.

In that case, most of your questions could be resolved by those with knowledge of the specific part in question; it's design, fab materials and process limitations.

RL

Reply to
legg