Compiler Options

Hella all:)

I would like to ask for the complier option in the XILINX EDK. I have written ans inline assembly code. and simulation in Modelshim. When i am compling the code i said "No Optimization".

But in the debug symbols what is the deffierence between symbols for debugging (-g)and symbols for assembly(-gstabs). ? And for inline assembly what is the best settings?

regards xenix

Reply to
xenix

The EDK compiler is a GCC derivative. Any documentation on GCC should apply (except for the code generation).

G.

Reply to
ghelbig

Probably the standard used for the debug info (stabs / dwarf).

I would use -g3. Not sure if you're going to get any debug info for inline assembly though. What are you expecting?

Cheers, Jon

Reply to
Jon Beniston