Persist option in bitgen

Anybody have experience with the -g Persis:Yes option in bitgen? I tried using this option to be able to read back the configuration during run-time. However, bitgen reports error saying a couple of pins' IOBs are not to be used since they are persist. I looked up the ISE manual and it clearly states that persist option will only check the pins used for SelectMAP mode. I checked the pins that were reported, and none of them are SelectMAP pins. What is going on here?

Reply to
praetorian