bitstream compatibility

Am I correct in thinking that a design lab that was simuated and implemented onto a demo board with Xilinx Foundation 3.1, can have its bitstream used with another version such as Xilinx Foundation 4.2i?

Using the same demo board (with same Spartan FPGA XCS10 on digilab board XLA5) that was used for initial design with Foundation 3.1 - I want to demonstrate this design again on the same board, this time using Foundation

4.2i... I am assuming I can just copy the dot bit file from my initital implementation, and paste it in the later 4.2i version of Foundation and send it straight down to the board again without having do any importations of schematics or code from the earlier version. Any advice on this issue would be most welcome..

Thanks

Zak

implemented

The *.bit file can be used with any version of the tools that supports the device it was originally generated for.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM