Ti Pi Week Rounded to 5 Days

I guess that's one day per digit in the usual pi value 3.14159... oh
wait!  They're one day short!!!

I tried to order the MSP-EXP430FR4133 under the Pi-week special which
requires entering a coupon code to get the "special" price.  No go.  It
says the code is expired.  The Pi-week page says it is good until the
19th, so it should have worked.

Of course there's no way to reach TI since everything is closed over the
weekend.

I bet I can find something on eBay that will ship today for less money!

--

Rick C

Re: Ti Pi Week Rounded to 5 Days

I stand corrected.  I figured I could find a clone, but no, the only
things I found appear to be the actual TI board at a much higher price.
Same with Aliexpress and any other outlet like Amazon.

So even without the sale, TI has the best price on these eval boards.

--

Rick C

Re: Ti Pi Week Rounded to 5 Days

Hmm, yeah, it says expired for me too, but it's just $1.50 off.  The
shipping discount ($3.14 instead of $6.99) still works, including
without the coupon.

Re: Ti Pi Week Rounded to 5 Days

I went ahead and ordered two.  I think having the LCD with larger
characters than most LCDs will be useful.  These can become some easily
programmed test gear.  I use Mecrisp Forth to program devices like this
and it is very easy.  I only wish they had similar boards with ARM
processors.  But they seem to segregate functionality according to how
they see customers using the MCUs I suppose.  Even though they promote
the ARM as being power competitive to the MSP430, they still don't seem
to push that with the eval boards.

Doh!  When I was printing out the receipt I had to go through the page
listing all your orders.  Seems I bought two of these two years ago!  I
dug around a bit and found one.  I suppose I can find uses for all of them.

--

Rick C

Site Timeline