Suggestions for 3.3V CAN Controller?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a CAN controller using 3.3V? Preferably, with two CAN ports but singles are ok.

We are currently using the Oki ML9620, but the lead times have begun to hurt our delivery schedules.

Thanks Dave

Reply to
David Roethig

The MCP2515 of Microchip is 3V3, but can only be accessed by SPI. We use it over the OPB SPI(version d!) controller of Xilinx to connect to a microblaze.

Further there are just FPGA cores or complete microcontrollers (AVR, infinion). The twincan of infinion is end-of-life.

I would love to have a 3v3 SJA1000, I really don't understand why it's not there.

Roel

Reply to
Roel

The AT91SAM7A3 is an ARM7 based micro with dual CAN controller and runs from 3.3V. Also has 256 kB Flash and 32 kB SRAM.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Since you are looking for a CAN interface only ( and not a uC) the nearest alternative would be to take a small uC, and clone the ML9620. The Infineon XC888 would get very close : Two CAN channels, and fast SPI serial options - just write a tiny driver. - and you get free ADCs and LIN stubs ... :) Comes in a smaller package than the ML9620.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville