MPLAB 7.0 on website

Just noticed that Microchip Technologies now has MPLAB 7.0 available for
downloading. Don't know how it differs. I'll have to wait until later tonight
to download it.

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website

No longer supports older PICC compilers.

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website

Ah. I don't use C (yet) for PICs. I won't be using 7.0 for my own reason: it
won't install on Windows 98 (non SE).

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website

That sounds very ugly.  Are they keeping older versions available?
I, for one, will never let the newer Windows on my machines,
because of their EULAs, and because W98 does enough for my
purposes.  Any improvement will have to come via Linux or BSD.

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website

That sounds like bad news. Which older PICC compilers are you referring to?

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website
If you look in "Project" -> "Set Language Tool Locations" PICC is not
listed.

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website

You mean it won't drive picc build process or it won't recognise the
.cod format?

Best Regards,
Mike Page

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website
If you look in "Project" -> "Set Language Tool Locations" PICC is not
listed.

I can not run my compiler. So Yes. I can not create a .cod file either.
Can I load a .cod file ??? I don't know, I can not create one.

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website

Meaning: it doesn't (easily) drive the build process.

Most (or all) PIC compilers can be run from the command line.  Check
your documentation.

MPLAB doesn't compile -- it edits (same as your everyday editor), starts
a compiler for you, simulates, debugs (through suitable hardware), and
programs (through hardware).  The most valuable of these are simulation
and on-chip debugging.  See if you can run the compiler from the command
line, setting the proper options to generate a file which MPLAB can use
to read symbols for debugging.  You should be able to simulate or debug,
though, even without symbol support, although its harder.

Thad

Re: MPLAB 7.0 on website

"Choose "Set Language Tool Location.." from the Project menu. Then select
the HI-TECH PICC Toolsuite. Assign the PICL.exe for each of the
executables."

From: http://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m35%862

HTH

B.C.