VTR 7.0 Release Announcement

To the FPGA Research Community,

We are pleased to announce the release of VTR 7.0. VTR is an open source f ramework for FPGA CAD and architecture exploration. The framework includes CAD tools that map Verilog/BLIF circuits to a user defined FPGA, benchmark s from a variety of applications/sources, sample FPGA architecture descript ion files, and scripts that tie these different components together.

What is new in VTR 7.0:

- Basic carry chain support through the whole CAD flow from elaboration dow n to routing.

- Power analysis

- Multi-clock timing analysis with support for simple SDC timing constraint s

- Architecture files that describe realistic, complex FPGAs with a reasonab le capture of area, delay, and power values

- Post-routed netlist support for timing-driven simulation

- Increased Verilog language support (eg. memory inferencing, support for p arameters)

- Verilog simulation and visualization for debugging

- Faster CAD algorithms

- Better quality of results for complex FPGA logic blocks

- Graphics for Windows

- Bug fixes and user friendliness improvements (Thank you to all users who provided us feedback on our first release of VTR)

The release may be downloaded here:

tml

The VTR wiki and software trunk may be found here:

/vtr-verilog-to-routing/

We hope that VTR will continue to aid your future research on FPGA architec ture and CAD.

From,

The VTR Development Team

Reply to
jasonkailuu