Image Capture

Can anyone recommend a dev kit that can be used for image capture. Basically
I need to be able to capture a colo(u)r frame and calculate the proportion
of one particular colo(u)r within the  frame. So I guess id be looking at a
ccd camera, frame buffer and some sort of processor. The processing wouldn't
need to be done in real time. Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Re: Image Capture
Basically
wouldn't

Here's a nice little camera with controller:
http://www.seattlerobotics.com/cmucam.htm

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

Re: Image Capture
If all your looking for is color, the
TAOS TCS320 color sensor would be a good bet.
http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id30%054
Easy to interface.

proportion
at

Re: Image Capture
Hi Franks,

Looks interesting. Have you used it?

proportion
at

Re: Image Capture

No, have not used it. I've seen it in operation at a
demonstration from some robot enthusiasts. They had
build a robot that chased an orange ball around. It
worked pretty well. I wouldn't use it in a professional
application though, seems a bit too fragile for that.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

Re: Image Capture

The ADI Blackfin DSP EZ-Kit. They are on special offer at present ($99).
It has RGB video inputs.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com

Basically
wouldn't

Check out Omnivisions site. http://www.ovt.com/ I think they do some
camera development kits that may be suitable.

rob

Re: Image Capture
Agilent have a range of CMOS image sensors and a development kit. Farnell stock
them.