Image Capture

Can anyone recommend a dev kit that can be used for image capture. Basically I need to be able to capture a colo(u)r frame and calculate the proportion of one particular colo(u)r within the frame. So I guess id be looking at a ccd camera, frame buffer and some sort of processor. The processing wouldn't need to be done in real time. Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Reply to
AVRFreak

"AVRFreak" schreef in bericht news:3fe62e20$ snipped-for-privacy@news.iconz.co.nz...

Basically

wouldn't

Here's a nice little camera with controller:

Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

If all your looking for is color, the TAOS TCS320 color sensor would be a good bet.

Easy to interface.

proportion

at

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

The ADI Blackfin DSP EZ-Kit. They are on special offer at present ($99). It has RGB video inputs.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com

Hi Franks,

Looks interesting. Have you used it?

proportion

at

Reply to
AVRFreak

"AVRFreak" schreef in bericht news:3fe8b832$ snipped-for-privacy@news.iconz.co.nz...

No, have not used it. I've seen it in operation at a demonstration from some robot enthusiasts. They had build a robot that chased an orange ball around. It worked pretty well. I wouldn't use it in a professional application though, seems a bit too fragile for that.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Basically

wouldn't

Check out Omnivisions site.

I think they do some camera development kits that may be suitable.

rob

Reply to
Rob

Agilent have a range of CMOS image sensors and a development kit. Farnell stock them.

Rob wrote:

Reply to
Joseph Casey