anyone have any experience with the PSoC mini development kit?

Hi - I just got back home and found that my PSoC mini development kit had
arrived. I'd like to play around with it a bit - but I don't even know
where to begin. There are two ICs on it - one of which is a large PSoC in a
28 pin surface mount package. The other chip I can't read the markings on,
but it is again 28 pins in a much smaller surface mount package. There are
two 14 pin headers on the board - both attached to the smaller 28 pin
package. So I'm assuming that this is the chip that this is a development
kit for, while the other PSoC merely programs it. Anyone know what chip
this is? It's rather hard to do much with it when I can't even figure out
what the PSoC in question is! Thanks,

Michael Noone

Re: anyone have any experience with the PSoC mini development kit?
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:03:05 GMT, Michael

Snap :) I was in exactly the same position. Thanks for the kit
Cypress but a brief technical note would have been appreciated.

Anyway, I think the chip is a CY8C27443-24PVI and I think this is
the datasheet for it. Looks like a very interesting device but may
well have a steep learning curve.

http://www.cypress.com/products/datasheet.cfm?partnum=CY8C27443-24PI

Mike Harding

Re: anyone have any experience with the PSoC mini development kit?
on,
are

A start would be to read the past few months postings at
http://www.cypress.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=3

Schematics of the PSoC mini development kit, also known as the PSoC
Invention Board, are at
http://www.cypress.com/cfuploads/support/reference_design/NewSchematic.pdf .
While most of the application notes and teletraining material uses the PSoC
Pup demonstration board
(http://www.cypress.com/cfuploads/support/app_notes/an2011.pdf), it is
fairly easy to duplicate the led output circuitry of the Pup so you can run
examples on the contest board to see the results.

An unofficial source that might also be useful is
http://www.psocdeveloper.com /

Re: anyone have any experience with the PSoC mini development kit?

The larger device on the bottom is actually the USB interface.

The smaller package is the PSoC (SSOP package actually)  The two 14
pin rows are 1 for 1 with the pinout out the 28 pin PSoC device on the
board.

The best way to start with these devices is to open up the software
and start playing.  Forget the datasheet for now, until you are
comfortable.  Set up some user modules and read the user module data
sheets.  This will get you a nice introduction, without having to
write alot of code.

-J

Site Timeline