Can anyone recommend a conductive liquid ?

I am looking for some type of liquid that once deposited on a small area will do two things: make very solid contact with the surface and, after it dries completely, would become conductive, i.e. would show a very low resistance between any two points on the poured liquid. In many ways it will be similar to the White Out liquid used to correct typing errors - but must be conductive. Can anyone think of a liquid like that and commonly available at places like home improvement chains ?

Reply to
Loading thread data ...


How about the conductive paint sold in auto parts places for "paint repairing" the conductive lines on car rear window defoggers?

Take care.


Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ken is 100% correct. That paint carries a fairly high current when it is dry so it should do about anything that you want. I have used it in non-automotive applications and it is fine as long as the substrate it is mounted on does not stretch or shrink. Automotive glass is fairly stable in that regard, that is why it works so well.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to

You used to be able to buy a gold colored repair paint for PC boards. Haven't seen it for years.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

there are silver ink pens available with highly conductive ink. the ink is not very diluted, so one can put a droplet that will work as an bonding agent too.

Reply to

the other answer is aquadag. Unlike silver its not prone to oxidising.


Reply to

You might want to try a conductive epoxy, such as

formatting link

Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the 
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.