Decision on plantform.

      We want to make a portable device for reading some text. It is
made for ourselves, and as a practice of course. So we want get a low
cost on hardware. Some one suggest that MSP430 should work fine, but i
don't know whether it can afford the loads. It seems that lacking of
support free os for MSP430 is another problem. Is there any better
choice?Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Decision on plantform.

What do you need an OS for ?

Rene

Re: Decision on plantform.

I should control the LCD myself without OS

Re: Decision on plantform.

Yes, sure.

Rene

Re: Decision on plantform.

Contiki, http://www.sics.se/~adam/contiki/ports/ . I don't know what you
mean by "afford the loads"..

Re: Decision on plantform.
Thank you, good site.

it means that would the MSP430 work correct or overworked?

Re: Decision on plantform.

I don't understand.  If you are making a single unit, then unit cost
shouldn't be a significant concern.  If it is for practice, you might
want to choose a target which is appropriate to what you are practicing for.

What do you mean by afford the loads?

It seems that lacking of support free os for MSP430 is another problem.

Operating systems aren't needed for most simple jobs.  There may be some
inexpensive RTOSs for MSP430 -- I don't know.

Is there any better choice?

There could be, but without your criteria, it is impossible to know.

--
Thad

Re: Decision on plantform.
What is "reading some text" ??