Equalizers

Related to my two previous posts today I'm wondering about portable equalizers to go with my portable headphone amps. Pretty soon I'm gonna need a backpack to cart around all the portable audio gear and the batteries. I haven't been looking for them and haven't been seeing any either. Portable ones that is. I don't even know if buying or building one would be worth the effort. I would like to emphasize some particular frequencies but I'm not sure how well one would work. I have never really been satisfied with the ones in my cars or the one at home. Any advice? Thanks, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Well, you can open up iTunes and look at the equalizer presets; those all are available on the iPod, and if one of 'em suits you, it's an easy solution. The 'custom' setting (one slider per octave) is available for adjustment on your computer, but maybe you can download a custom setting to the iPod, too (mine is an old IOS version, don't know what the new ones support).

iTunes is downloadable for Mac, PC, but not supported on Linux.

Reply to
whit3rd

I tried the iTunes presets and they don't really fit my hearing loss. At least they don't seem to make the music sound any better. Eric

Reply to
etpm

They won't. You like what you are used to. That is how we work.

Reply to
David Eather

You need an accurate readout of what you are hearing now before any meaningful adjustments can be made.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Maybe increase the higher frequency volumes on the equalizer first?

There's a neat little chart on hearing loss as a function of age and frequency here:

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett