how to transmit IR data up to 100 ft outdoor and over?

Hi,i'm intereted in learning how to preamplify infrared signals for such a long distances.I know about the photomodules commonly used in TV's and VCR's,they have good sensibility,appears they don't saturate if exposed to the sun light,but the common europeans types,as TSOP 38 and so on appears slow to my needs.In fact they decode a burst of too many pulses,while i would recognize a pattern of few pulses at frequency of tenth of KHZ .I tried to build at home some IR preamps,with autobias (to be immune to sun ) but no AGC or bandpass filter,being limited by space.I had some results using a cheap opamp,a scraped op213,it has a 3.4 MHz Gb ,it works but is not enough for my needs.Can anyone suggest me a site talking about how to preamplify an IR signal ? Many thanks . Diego Milan,Italy.

Reply to
blisca

try using laser

mike

Reply to
Mitch__

Dear; The IR have range of frequency if you work near the end of the range it will give you longer distance but for outdoor i'm not sure of the quality i.e. near the end of the range maybe you get interference, so if you allow me, can I know more about your application?

Reply to
ziro_axis

appears

sun )

not

ty mike,but i should avoid laser ,invisible IR laser could be harmful to the eye.

Reply to
blisca

yes ,a couple of friends ,amateur racing car drivers,asked me something able to transmit a short pattern from boxes to car ,in very little time(100th of second), i can't use laser because IR laser can harm the eye and it is possible that on the other side of the track there is some people watching in front of the beam

ty for help.

Reply to
blisca

Un bel giorno blisca digitò:

Applications like this are usually done with radio communications.

--
emboliaschizoide.splinder.com
Reply to

Not a problem if you keep it to Class 1 limits.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

able

time(100th of

watching

really?very interesting can you suggest me some cheap laser IR diode?

Thanks again to all the people that answered me,or just red my post.

Reply to
blisca

I think for those conditions i would use either DSRC or ISM radio. Possibly bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

eye

Possibly

Thank you but can one of this methods be so focusized as light does?

Reply to
blisca

Why would it be useful to use such a narrow beam?

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

so

something

the

because it acts like a chronometer too

Reply to
blisca

Then you have two previously unstated issues: 1. doing an unstated added task; 2. mixing unrelated tasks in a single device. Leaving requirements out when you ask for help will just guarantee that you get inappropriate results.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

sure

some

you

Yes,you are totally right

Reply to
blisca

Altering the Subject line to indicte how deeply your post is nested in the thread is COMPLETELY unnecessary.

Reply to
JeffM

Is the sender and reciver firm placed ?- then maybe a parabola on both parts could help with increasing signal. A lens or parabola will lower the ambient lights influence in most cases.

Now I wonder ;Is it possible to use some kind of polarisation filter for IR ??? to remove reflections and ambient light ???

Reply to
Alex

Properly encoded signals should not be affected and a laser transmitter should need no such filter.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I don't understand wher is my error.Can you copy and paste the previous message to show how my post should have been and where the error is?

Reply to
blisca

sun )

Yes ,the optical way seems resolutive,even a cheap lens used in the so called "3rd hand" with alligator clips almost doubles the distance ,once positioned at a couple of inches from the emitting IR diode. I just am curious about the method used inside the common infrared photomodules,i know they have bandpass filter and agc ,but i would like to know the way they works.

Reply to
blisca

blisca wrote:

Your last Subject line reads R: R: R: R: how to transmit IR data up to 100 ft outdoor and over?

Your most recent Subject line reads Re: R: how to transmit IR data up to 100 ft outdoor and over?

The additionional **R's** are not necessary. If your software is automatically adding them, you need to reconfigure it.

If you are manually adding the just stop it.

Reply to
JeffM