I'm feeling lazy today - simple pwm controller

I am looking for a simple 0-10v = 0-100% PWM controller. Thru hole or SOIC would be preferred. Less pins is better

Loads are 12v salt spreader, electric unicycle, battery chargers and so forth. I will use sync rectifer approach. Probably 2 top 2 bottom of the TO-3P Fets/IGBTs

I'm feeling a little lazy today so just looking for a suggestion for controller?

regards, Bob N9NEO

Reply to
Yzordderrex

There's the old comparator oscillator with diode steered charge and discharge paths. Just use a pot to pan from one to the other.

Reply to
Ian Field

he

Interesting that you mention that circuit. I saw a 555 wired in a similar circuit today. I was thinking of a dual comparator. One would be sawtooth , the other compare the sawtooth to a control signal. I believe your circu it would just use a single comparator. I could use other comparator for cu rrent limit.

Reply to
Yzordderrex

Relaxation oscillator, ramp amp and leveler, comparator of some type. No ICs even needed. Except for the output device it can probably be done with like five transistors.

Reply to
jurb6006

Nope - the one you're thinking of uses one comparator to generate a triangle wave, and the other to compare the input sample with the triangle. The output pulse width is proportional to the coincidence of the 2 levels.

Reply to
Ian Field

UCC3813-0/-1/-2/-3/-4/-5 ?

Reply to