Headphone recs please

I always thought that earbuds would not be able to supply very good sound quality so I never spent much money on them because I tend to destroy them by catching the cords on things in the shop. In my shop I wear hearing protection over my ears and so if I want to listen to music or an audio book I need to use ear buds. Well now I will need to be really careful of the earbud cord because I bought some more expensive earbuds that had great reviews. I was shocked by how good they sound. Really. I had no idea they could sound so good. In the past all the earbuds I tried all sounded pretty bad, but things have changed. A lot. So now I want to buy some new headphones for listening at home. I listen to all kinds of music. Jazz, bluegrass, classical, country swing, rock and roll, just to name a few. Folks like Miles Davis, Andy Narell, Claude Bolling, Etta James, Herbie Hancock, Dan Hicks, Ali Farka Toure, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Asleep At The Wheel, Sons Of Champlin, Sungha Jung, Tom Lehrer, etc. So the headphones I want need to not emphasize any particular frequencies except perhaps some of the higher ones because I have some hearing loss in the higher frequencies. So I am looking for any recommendations you folks may have. I'll be looking at online reviews too but I have almost always gotten good advice from this newsgroup. Thanks, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Google Beyerdynamic.

There ain't anything better.

I have a story, a real one and it happened as described. My friend run a Hi_Fi studio with the newest stuff around. One day a guy came and asked for some good earphones. They gave him the beyerdynamic 990pro

Two days later the guy came back to return them with the argument: Those phones are hissing,rushing and noisy".

You understand?

w.

Reply to
Helmut Wabnig

I understand completely. The new earbuds allow me to hear hiss that was inaudible with the old earbuds. I didn't even know there was hiss coming out of my iPod until I started listening with the new earbuds. Much more revelatory however was what I was not hearing when playing music, the new earbuds let me hear parts of the music, subtle things sometimes, which oftentimes makes the more obvious things sound even better. Eric

Reply to
etpm

I have Sennheiser's myself. Both headphones and ear buds. All around good sound from both.

Reply to
Ron M.