Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dummy AA Batteries
Got this camera I finally figured out how to operate. Problem is it eats batteries. An alkalines you do not get that much. Now we got a box of rregular dry cells mainly for remotes and maybe...
9
9

OT: Our Glorious Nutless leader
27
27

OT: Scanner
My 20-something year-old hp Scanjet 3970 died... or at least the wallwart outputs no juice, so it's a toss... scanner died and killed wallwart, or it's just the wallwart.... it's the wallwart, found...
23
23

OT: JV Team
TENNESSEE TERROR: Gunman who killed 4 Marines in Chattanooga ID'd as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez THE GUNMAN who opened fire on two Chattanooga, Tenn., Navy training centers and killed 4 Marines, in...
9
9

Weight of stuff
Ok guys, I think he as moved on. You can now resume your NORMAL activities.
1
1

OT: GoToMeeting Invite
I just received a GoToMeeting Invite in the form of some Micro$hit garbled attachment. Though it's text I can't decipher it. Is there a reader for such? Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
7
7

Weight of electronic equipment
I'm importing some electronic parts/equipment (1kg worth) and wanted to compute a reasonable estimate of shipping costs - could someone weigh their parts and post the values. What are the weights of...
22
22

Trying to cheat ohm's law
For a circuit I described here recently, I want to be able to cause a brief , temporary, high current draw on a 12v power supply. I'd like to draw abou t 2A for a few ms, and at least 0.5A for perhaps...
15
15

OT: Junk Science
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
31
31

Robotics and electronics Blog
Hi All, Please go check out my blog which relates to Robotics and Electronics. Thanks
3
3

Circuit design needed
I need to build an inexpensive circuit to open and close a 3volt DC power source at about 15 minute intervals. The circuit would need to open, then close again after a short delay say 500 milliseconds...
5
5

Minimum component efficient voltage regulator
Hi, I'm playing with AVR microcontrollers (I'm more a software/digital person). I'm after a simple efficient on-a-chip inexpensive voltage regulator for the main power rail for a battery powered...
17
17

OT: Photoeye
Where can I find a simple "photoeye" device that works by shining on a reflector and simply operates a relay when the beam is interrupted? All I can find is expensive stuff that runs a ding-dong...
6
6

book?
Hi, I seek recommendations for an introductory text on optics. I have an engineering degree, but no coursework in the subject. I'm unafraid of math, and studied some electromagnetic theory, though I'm...
5
5

One-shot triggered rising and falling?
Hi all, I'm sure someone has an quick answer for this. I'd like a simple circuit or a part that produces a pulse -- basically a one-shot -- with both a rising edge and falling edge input signal. All...
14
14