Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Arizona Style
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
11
11

OT: Firefox Question
In Firefox, Is there a way to block videos from automatically loading when you access a page? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...
8
8

Overcharging NiMh batteries?
My neighbor has a solar powered outdoor decoration light that cycles through several colors but only runs for maybe an hour at night. It has a single 1200 mAh 1.2 volt rechargeable battery and a...
3
3

OT: Goodbye to the American Dream
Goodbye to the American Dream... Thanks to Obama... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
33
33

Mux / demux on wireless audio
Hi all, I'm looking for some starting direction on a new audio-art project. What I have already: - 1 wireless audio transmitter capable of transmitting 4 channels of 2-20 kHz audio, 2 channels on each...
7
7

Low Alternator Output In the Desert Heat
Everything is OK when the headlights and blower are off on hot summer days and everything is OK on cool winter nights when the headlights and blower are on. Early evenings when the temperature is...
11
11

Power Supply Ripple Measurement
Hi, 1. I am trying to measure the output voltage ripple of a 5 Volt , 1A power supply. The input to the power supply is 120V, 60Hz. Can someone please suggest an appropiate Differential probe to do...
11
11

AN: TL598 Spice Model
Awhile back someone on the LTspice List requested a TL598 Spice model. While somewhat obsolete, it intrigued me, and proved to be somewhat of a !#$* to model... but it caused me to develop a few new...

Loud Popping Sound from Class D Amp Soundbar
I have a 2 yo. soundbar that started making annoying popping and buzzing so und (like AC hum but with more harmonics). I replaced some electrolytic cap s that looked a little bulged. The buzzing sound...
2
2

oscillator with constant amplitude
I don't want anybody to design it for me, but in general how would you make an oscillator with a sine output of constant amplitude over a range of supply voltage (let's say the operating range of the...
18
18

Transparent RF Repeater
Hello, I'm trying to build a transparent RF repeater (simplex) as a relay for two radios. The receive and transmit frequencies will be the same, I basically just want to receive the signal, amplify it...
11
11

Time to Upgrade ?:-}
I think it's time I upgraded my 'Spice' machine... my present machine is as follows... no laughter please... I've successfully done at least at least 20 chip designs on this machine. What modern...
72
72

4 AA extra power pack for smartphones & other USB devices?
Hi, I recently came across a "Rayovac Rescuer" in Target or somewhere similar. It has a USB power output which you can use to top up a smartphone or similar device "in the field", & takes 4 AA cells...
3
3

Socket Question
Is there such a thing as a conventional light-bulb socket mountable to a PCB? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
6
6

OT: Opinions about this situation?
OT: Opinions about this situation?... An alternate question... at what frequencies are these "devices" controlled ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
28
28