Those you that play Golf, I learned something useful today.

If you are doing repairs on screw holes in wood, you can use those little wooden peg stands for golf balls to drive into the over sized hole.

Just break off what you don't need so that you can drive in what you do need at the taper. They have a nice flat surface that you can use a small hammer on to drive them in.. A little wood glue on it before you push it in may help to keep them in, too!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

We call them "tees."

Golf is a really, really lame thing. But wooden skewers or bunches of toothpicks work fine.

John

Trying to screw into the end grain of wood isn't the best thing, either. If you're going to do it you're better off using the hardest wood you can find, not some broken thing that you found laying in a golf course.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Yup. Just like skiing :-)

And they make little corrugated metal strips (ACE Hardware) to insert into screw holes that have stripped out. ...Jim Thompson

What would a crippled old geezer, who lives in a bleak hellhole of a desert, know about skiing?

James was actually starting to go faster than me, on his fancy high-tech rental skis, so I had to clean and wax mine to fend off the threat. It really makes a difference.

John

The idea is right but the device all wrong. Tees are painted and won't hold glue well. They make a tool (looks like a screwdriver with a reamer on the business end) and plugs specifically for this.

Reply to
krw

e.

Mixing wood fibers into your good epoxy (not 'wood glue') works better as well.

Reply to
Nunya

se

hole.

hat

use

you

John likes to capitalize on any opportunity to stab at someone he sees.

Sad that the dumb bastard even looks, much less acts, but it is what it is.

Reply to
Nunya

at

use

you

.

It is like a 1972 era Popular Mechanics 'Tip & Tricks' entry.

Dumb by today's standards, at best.

Reply to
Nunya

My friend that showed me this is a locksmith and this is what he uses to repair holes. He has a bag of them. They work better than the repair options you buy at the hardware store.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

hole.

Only when it's well deserved, AlwaysWrong.

Oh, the irony!

Reply to
krw

More clulessness from AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

rote:

hole.

use

you

You ain't real bright, fuckatrd Williams.

Reply to
Nunya

Bright enough not to always be wrong, AlwaysWrong. You are most definitely wrong here, as always.

Reply to
krw

hole.

If that vile asshole Thompson elects to insult my wife with lies, why shouldn't I insult him with facts?

John

And it's not a "sport," no matter what a bunch of rich fat white guys may say. In any real sport, when you hit a ball with a stick, some _other_ idiot goes chasing after it. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

--
Tax The Rich!
http://mysite.verizon.net/richgrise/TaxTheRich!.html

It's not a "nice flat surface" - it's a shallow cup that cradles he ball.

And the first time you whack it it's going to split or splinter, kind of rendering the plug moot.

And how do you strip out a hole that fat?

Thanks, Rich

--
Tax The Rich!
http://mysite.verizon.net/richgrise/TaxTheRich!.html
Reply to
Rich Grise

If wax makes skis slippery, howcome it makes surfboards sticky?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I wonder if his colorectal cancer has kicked in yet.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--
Cheers?

You sure have changed...

You used to wish good on everyone through your "God channel" rap and
now, it seems, you're petitioning God to cut down those with whom you
disagree.

Maybe it's _you_ who is the asshole cancer.
Reply to
John Fields