Those you that play Golf, I learned something useful today.

hole.

Bwahahahahahaha! Facts? You do nothing but elude them. As for BU, did I ever say anything non-factual? Of course not. You feign offense. Remember offense is _taken_, not _given_, you j*rk-off. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, but did you notice the sand someone put in your wax? That *really* makes a difference.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

If you don't know the answer, you should drink some snow ski wax so that you can choke on a few bars of surf board wax.

You are about as stupid as it gets.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

my friend tells me he does not need the full size, he just snips it down until the wide side matches the hole and then clips the other end to the proper length... These TEE's are large enough to cover all grounds. Even if you have a small lag that got pulled out.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

hole.

use

you

So you didn't kill-file me after all. And you do cook.

Slimy redneck liar.

I never insulted your wife. From what little you've said about her and your Lexus, you seem to value the car more.

John

When I was a kid, my dad (or grandfather) showed me how to use a wooden match for that. They are pretty soft wood but were normally easy to find. Use two or more if the hole is big.

The woodworking geek stores sell plugs for that purpose.

Years ago, I had some wooden skis repaired. I think the shop said the plugs were birtch.

Hal Murray

No, just noticing that he's got the kind of personality that usually comes down with that sort of thing.

And I was talking to John Larkin, whom you and Jim also seem to dislike.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In the interim, somebody mentioned that the paint makes for a not- very-good plug. I guess you could sand the paint off, but it'd be quicker to use a few toothpicks.

And if you're really anal, ( ;-) ) there's this stuff:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

^^^^^^^^

Reply to
JW

My Dad has done that since the late 60s. Works great. Use wire cutters to trim.

Reply to
qrk

End nippers work best ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

In both cases, it works by repelling water.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Also useful when you need to move the striker plate on a door jamb due to house settling or installing a different door. If the tee is too large in diameter, whittle it down.

Reply to
qrk

Pine dowels are cheap. I always keep a handful of different sizes on hand. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

If your skis are not already slippery as hell, they are 60 year old skis. Sheesh. Don't need "ski wax" these days.

Long chain polymers have been around for decades that all but obsoleted "ski wax".

The best "ski wax" is "Rain-X" if you must claim it improves you and your skiing.

One works by way of shedding water, but by also always being in liquid form and having a low co-efficient of friction with everything.

The surf board wax works by way of acting like putty.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

One problem, especially in spring skiing, is that crud can build up on the bottom of your skis. Probably pine sap, sunblock, other peoples' ski wax, general atmospheric crud that gets into the snow. I cleaned my skis with mineral spirits and got a lot of yukky stuff off the bottoms. Followed up with hot wax. It really made a difference, going from about 0.9 JVUs (James Velocity Units) to more like 1.05.

My K2's are 2 years old.

Where do you ski?

John

You're an idiot, pine tar boy.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

After 22 years, you probably don't remember which side of the ski goes down.

John

Not surprising, since DimBulb doesn't know which way is up.

Reply to
krw

Ha, it's funny, I thought I learned something new and great. Now I find out the old farts have been doing this for decades, again! ;)

Years ago when I was a kid, one of my mentors was a retired navy electronics technician. He had many skills and one thing he showed me that I thought was a great idea, even though it really had not much to do with electronics was if you had any old screw drivers or tools with plastic handles on them you didn't need any more, you stick the handles in a jar of turpentine, close the entrance with a rag. The turpentine would solidify the plastic into a pliable paste where you could use that for filler or forming little plastic chucks of what ever to machine something out of. You just put the lid on the jar until you were ready to use it.. Years down the road after he left this world, I saw liquid tape at the hardware stores. I Think he's still with us. ;)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie