Useful Resource ...

Site I came across today, whilst searching for a Rotel schematic.

Hadn't seen it before. Seems to have quite a lot of useful stuff on it.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Many thanks for this pointer.

I downloaded two Crown (Amcron) schematics and one service manual. The quality varied but you get what you pay for, I suppose.

Pardon me but when I see "Rotel" I always think of this canned tomato and chillie concoction:

spamtrap1888

Excellent ! Must be a left-pondian product. Don't think I've ever seen it over here

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I can say with confidence you haven't missed anything.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

Ah ! That's ok then ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Picky point...

Chili is the dish. Chiles are the peppers. There's an episode of "Good Eats" that carefully (and repeatedly) makes the distinction.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

ts"

I'm trying to bridge the Atlantic here. Further, "Good Eats" doesn't know what they're talking about.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Eats"

In the US, the usage I gave is correct. Chili (sometimes called chili con carne) is the dish, a kind of beef stew, and the chile is the pepper. What caused this divergence, I don't know.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Huh? Yes, chili is a stew made with chili peppers. Often, it includes meat as in chili con carne (literally translated from Spanish as chili with meat). Chile is a country in South America.

Alternate spellings of the pepper are chilli and chile, but in the US, the pepper and the stew are *normally* spelled the same way in spite of what "Good Eats" said.

Reply to
greenpjs

I mean no offense, but that is absolutely not correct. The differentiation has been around for years.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck