Golf Trolley

Anyone familiar with remote electric golf trolleys?Mine came from the USA and after the front wheel went down a rabbit hole it buckled.I've never seen anything so flimsy,I had the trolley replaced and the same thing happened! I had it strengthened and it ran for a week.It has two

180 motors[one for each wheel and it ran up the hills easily,now the motors turn the shafts but it will not run the wheels.If I hold the trolley off the ground the wheels turn as they should but the moment you place them on the ground the shaft spins but the wheels won't turn What,in these motors can be stopping the wheels when a load is applied?If I disconnect the wheels from the shaft and run it as an ordinary trolley it glides along smoothly so its not the wheels locking.Battery is well charged,fuses are all correct. I really have no idea about the coupling of a motor to a shaft.Returning it is not an option as I had it modified to strenghen the front.I'm at a loss over this one.Any help appreciated. I really have no idea about the coupling of a motor to a shaft.Returning it is not an option as I had it modified to strengthen the front.I'm at a loss over this one.Any help appreciated.
Reply to
Seafarer

Hi Seafarer...

Don't have one, but just a wild guess if I may?

Is it possible that there's a shear pin locking each of the wheels to the shaft?

Dunno where you are, so whether you're necessarily using the same words we do... shear pin - the sacrificial little bar that in its most common use connects a boat motor propeller to the shaft. Prop hits something immovable and the little pin breaks instead of breaking something in the motor itself.

Take care.

Ken

the shaft?

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Reply to
Kim Sleep

Thanks for the replies,the shear pins as you call them are on the shaft,they slot into the wheel at it provides torgue,if you slide them out a tad you can use them as a normal hand trolley. As for the batteries they are fully charged up with my charger and are brand new with the unit,I suppose I could try a friends battery but it's a long shot but worth a try. Who knows how many duff returned batteries are shipped off to overseas customers.Many thanks for the info.Unfortunatley I am under hospital treatment and need the electric trolley to get around the course.Bit buggered at the moment .Regards

Reply to
Seafarer

Did you remove the back wheels at some time? If so check that you replaced any keys that might have been used to lock wheels to the axles

David

Seafarer wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Thanks it's just a thumb catch from the outside of the wheel,I have double checked that and even replaced them with spare wheels.No go.Thanks anyway

Reply to
Seafarer