RIP: Joel Koltner has passed away

Hello Folks,

Many of you will remember Joel Koltner from various discussions here. I have met him in person a while ago, had dinner with him and his wife in Oregon at their house. Both very nice people. He hasn't been participating the last few months and the reason was that he went through one grueling chemotherapy after the other. Unfortunately his condition worsened, yet it was remarkable how upbeat he and his wife remained despite the fact that the cancer was slowly winning.

This morning Joel passed away :-(

If someone wants to send a card please contact me.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

From the prayers for All Souls' Day (November 2):

Father of all, we pray to you for those we love, but see no longer: Grant them your peace; let light perpetual shine upon them; and, in your loving wisdom and almighty power, work in them the good purpose of your perfect will; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayers for Joel and his family.

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Must be going around... wife of a friend in New Zealand died of cancer two days ago... mid '30's :-( ...Jim Thompson

Deep sigh, No card, but please pass on my condolences.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

He was way too young.

A Joel story:

Several years ago there had been a number of questions regarding MSK on the newsgroups, and damn-little information available on the web. My Master's thesis was on the subject, but the floppies with the text were long gone. I put a plea up on this group, and comp.dsp, for someone willing to take the time to scan the thing in.

Joel did -- and I'm sure it was at least a two-day job. I shipped the thing down to him in Klamath falls (with fingers crossed, since it was my only copy), and a couple of weeks later there was an enourmous zip file in my inbox, and a time to meet him in Portland to pick up my hard copy.

He was truly a generous and kindly soul, and he will be missed.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Very sorry to hear that, he was one of the persons in SED whose posts were always bright and constructive.

Did not know he lived in Portland, I happen to travel to the place two weeks from now ...

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Mr Stonebeach

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:39:48 -0700 Joerg wrote in Message id: :

That sucks.

He was a great contributor on the Yahoo Tektronix groups and will be sorely missed. Condolences to his entire family.

RIP Joel.

Reply to
JW

That is sad news.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

My condolences to his wife and family.

Joel was always a helpful and knowledgeable contributor-- sad news indeed.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I've missed Joel, and I'll miss him more. Sad to know he's gone.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

He was from Portland. When I knew him he was living most of the time in Grass Valley and coming up to Portland. I don't know whether he ended up in one spot or the other permanently.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Please give the family my condolences, and that they are in my prayers as well.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He was active on the Tekscopes group. I think he may have worked at Tek. Does anyone have a link to the obit? I also offer my prayers and condolences to his family.

Reply to
tm

I think this is it:

Homes and Cemeteries&ad_id=639989571

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Or this shorter link:

Jon Kirwan

Joel didn't work at Tek. I could fill you in a bit but not here in public.

Guys, I'll wait a few more days, then I'll compile all the condolences with names, Phil's prayer, and so on into one long message and send it to Joel's wife and family.

Those of you who have sent cards, consider sending another one several months down the road. Once relatives, friends and everyone else has gone and returned to normal life, that's when grief can hit a second time and real hard. Then it's good to know that people are still thinking about the family.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Good deal Joerg. I see from the obit that he was only 41 years old. That's much too early for this to happen. Thanks for what you are doing. I bet it will be a great help.

Regards

Reply to
tm

I read Joel was only 41 years old! That is way too young to die.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Yikes! I didn't know he was that young. Truly a shame.

Reply to
krw

Seems almost an epidemic of cancers in young people.

You'll recall that our son Duane died of colon cancer at age 33 :-(

And Terry Given's wife (he used to post here from New Zealand until his ISP dropped SED), young, don't know exact age, died two days ago from complications from breast cancer... impaired lung capacity. ...Jim Thompson