World Maker Faire--anybody going?

I'm going to the World Maker Faire in NYC on Sunday.

Any of you lot going to be there? I'll be the big loud mostly-bald white guy with the red carnation. (But not as bald as Joerg.) ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

No, but dang if I'd known you were going I'd have baked a robot, and met you there for a beer.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Not going, but that should be oodles of fun. I've got a bunch of that kind of stuff in notebooks, waiting to be born. We'll be anxiously awaiting your report (and watching you on the stream :-).

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

The last edition of the 2600 podcast interviewed the woman in charge of the Maker Faire. Prediction are 50k attendees, making it about half the size of the bay area if the prediction holds. Interesting that it is on the site of the old Worlds Faire, which I attended.

It starts out with begging for money, then next up is the interview.

Reply to
miso