RF prototypes/ ARRL handbook

I think it would need to flow very slow because of waters long T1?

it would bee like a transformer the diode "short" reflected to the other coil but with a quarter wave stub you can make the diode "short" look like an open

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

yeh I've tried those stupidly expensive argon filled high voltage trimmer, if you look at them wrong they break

this might be of interest,

I've only seen some of it

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Oh a flowing thing would be all fun... how does the magnetization change if you send the flow around a corner?

180 and back through some coil? (The answer will depend on flow velocity, radius of bend, and resonant freq. I think.)

I hadn't really thought about a flowing thing much.. but right the signal can only last as long as the length divided by the flow velocity.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

you can use it to measure flow rate

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

If you sent it along a helix, you might get topological phase too. Works for photons anyway.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I had the same photo (Shockley, Bardeen and Brattain) on the wall in my shop, like Williams', but clipped from a magazine. The power supply in the Pease photo seems to be a Heathkit 3-output, like mine. Reflected glory!

Reply to
Wond

I've been mulling this one over for the better part of year. Ordinarily I would steer clear of this publisher, but this book is written by an actual engineer with impressive credentials. It might be a fun read, dunno:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Mulling for a year? Why so long? Are you short on cash? For ~$20 I could buy you an un-birthday gift.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Not sure what topological phase is.

Spins will tend to 'follow' the field, as long as the field doesn't change too fast*. 'too fast' is ~ set by the resonance/ precession freq. The problem with my bending tube thing, is that unless the field is perfectly homogeneous, the spins all go at different rates. T2 time- dephasing. And if I move the spins to some new spot... well I can't do the echo things.. that rephases the spins when they stay in the same field.

I guess you could move the water a little and measure the field homogeneity.

George H.

*The first optical pumping (wow, my vote for worst wiki article)

was seen by flipping the spins in a 60 Hz field. (I think) If you try and reproduce it, you'll find that you need some perpendicular component to the flipped field, else the spins get stuck at zero field.

Playing around near zero is fun... there's a news letter somewhere.

I've got less hair now and much more grey. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

You and me both. ;)

Topological phase (aka Berry's phase, or Pancharatnam's phase in optics) is a phase shift between two eigenstates that propagate through a non-planar path. Polarization shift in a system with mirrors is the easiest way to see it, but it happens in fibre as well, and also in quantum experiments.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I used to be grey.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Are you making fun of my spelling, we greats of the English language spel as we ples. George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Nah, he just got a new hairdresser. Of course, John has hair to dress, unlike some of us. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No, gray and grey are about the same. I used to be both.

I sort of spell phonetically, and I type badly. Smart people can figure out what I mean.

lunatic fringe electronics

Bebe is a genius. I take care of her lights and stuff, and she makes me look 20 years younger.

lunatic fringe electronics

Twenty years more immature. Vanity is a juvenile vice. English has a phrase for that particular form - "mutton dressed as lamb". In John Larkin's case the shepherds would be his denialist propaganda web-sites.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I used to think it should be 'funetically', but of course it's derived from phono, and means going round & round making the same spelling mistakes every time.

NT :)

Reply to
tabbypurr

My schematics are a lot better than my prose. Isn't that what this ng is supposed to be about, electronic design?

lunatic fringe electronics

rom phono, and means going round & round making the same spelling mistakes every time.

Not exactly true, but NT may be making a joke. English spelling is roughly phonetic, but there are some six or seven sets of phoneme to grapheme trans lations visible in the accepted spellings, and it's tricky to work out whic h one is used for a particular word.

As opposed to persistent twiddling, but you post here anyway.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Interesting; one of the written languages of millennia past, uncovered in carvings in South America, had too many symbols for a phonetic language, and too few for a pictographic one. Archaeologists were eventually able to puzzle out that it was phonetic, but with several glyphs that coded each phoneme, and expressed a (still extant) local dialect.

The spelling was chosen to make the carvings look esthetically pleasing.

Reply to
whit3rd