RF circulator

Hi all, For my project I search this component: a RF cicrulator with this band from

80 MHz to 890 MHz. Is this component in trade? Thank you

Pazzeo

Reply to
Pazzeo

If that's not a typo (did you mean 800 to 890?) you aren't going to find a circulator with greater than 10:1 bandwidth. 2:1 maybe, but not 11:1

What kind of power do you need?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

No I'm secure infact the band of my signal goes from 80 MHz to 890 Mhz. Do you think that this component isn't in trade? What do I use for substitute the circulator ??

Bye Pazzeo

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Pazzeo

OK, but that's a very wideband device, and most devices like that are receivers, and don't need circulators. Care to tell us what your device is?

I don't think that such a device _can_ exist, as a circulator is based on physical (waveguide) principals, and can't have a bandwidth of more than about 2:1.

Well, you could use a bunch of bandpass filters and combiners to drive individual circulators, but that's a real hack. Why don't you tell us what you are trying to do, and see if there's a better way get to your goal?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Hi ,

I resolve my problem , i have replace the circulator. But now I have a new problem. I must introduce a variable continous delay time about 2-6 ns. Is there a solution?

Thank you Bye PAzZeO

Reply to
Pazzeo

BTW: What did you replace the circulator with?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Reply to
Pazzeo

How do you connect a power combiner to a phase shifter to get an RF circulator with a bandwidth of more than 10:1?

Is this a homework assignment?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Reply to
Pazzeo

Because you keep asking more questions and ignoring queries about what you're trying to do, how you 'solved' the original problem, and what kind of device this might be used in.

No big deal, but half-duplex conversations bore me quickly...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Sorry, but now I tell you how I resolve the problem of circulator. For now I simulate the circuit with ansoft designer. In the first in the circuit i have used a circulator and the circuit worked fine. But, how you know, circulator, that work in my wide band, doesn't exist so I try to simulate a new circuit. I remembered that my friend for a similar problem of band used a power combiner , a particolar balun. So I substituted a circulator with a power combiner. The power combiner have 2 port in and 1 out. For my project in the income of one port I insert a phase shifter, so my simulation work fine. But now I don't realize the circuit because now I have the problem of variable delay. If you want I can send you my simulation, or if you want I can ask my friend major information about balun. Sorry for my bad english and for not half-duplex conversation. I hope to be cleary and that I aswer your question. Bye

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Pazzeo

Hmm, sorry, I'm just not getting it. Maybe try some of the amateur radio newsgroups, lots of really clever folks there...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Ok thank...but I wanted major information about air line variable coax because I don't find anything in internet about this component....