OT: Why the neocons hate the "liberal" media

It's because the "liberal" media tell the truth.

I saw this on TeeVee last night:

I hope somebody can stop this evil man, before he ushers in the Fourth Reich.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

time to move to the EU, the US is a dying nation :-(

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Think about unintended consequences. Cheney makes it his life's mission to restore absolute, unchecked power to the executive branch. And then Hillary Clinton is elected president.

Be careful what you wish for.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
The blinking cursor writes; and having writ, blinks on.

Sure they do.

Wonder why Air America failed

Rich will be one of the first we round up ;-)

Looks like leftist weenie media propaganda to me.

...Jim Thompson

Oh dear. You do get confused with information, which seems to come from a bunch of statisticians from the OECD, e.g

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Whoopee-dooo! Don't you just love Europeons telling the US that our economy is failing? Wonder why our unemployment rate is so low, and the Europeon rate is so high?

...Jim Thompson

I hate the liberal media because none of them can tell a million from a billion, or a kilowatt from a kwh.

John

I heard on TeeVee last night that Obama and Cheney are actually related! Appearently, they share a common ancestor 8-generations back.

I would joke that it actually explains everything, but of course, it doesn't.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Nah, not quite. Your unemployment rate is due to millions of extremely badly paid workers at the bottom end of the jobs market. EU/US rate look similar if measured in a similar fashion.

You should get out more :-)

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Can any non tech media do that these days?

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The only really professional mag that I see is Aviation Week and Space Technology. When they review a new airliner or military tanker or something, the first thing they do is fly one. And they get the real inside scoop.

The EE mags are pretty bad lately. Electronic Design is an embarassment. EDN is maybe a little better, as is EE Times. The microwave mags seem to be pretty good in general.

In the public press, Science News seems to be run by people who actually understand science and numbers. SciAm and New Scientist are inclined to take political positions that shut off their brains.

John

Given up on EDN, I can only just about cope with their silly format on design ideas, seperate gifs for each circuits, silly buggers, physorg/eurekalert are ok for headlines, but i don't have a nano soldering iron

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Not exactly. Both New Scientist and Scientific American publicise scientific research that has political relevance.

Right wing politicians often dislike the results of this kind of research, and claim that the people who publicise it are indulging in political propaganda. Quite a few newspapers and TV stations are either owned by people whose political opinons are right wing or are sensitive to the opinions of right-wingers who pay for lots of advertising, and they don't publicise scientific research that produces results that right-wingers don't like,

Oddly enough, right wingers don't recognise this as a form of political propaganda, aimed at deforming the electorate's database.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Typical nazi - violence as a first resort.

Tell you what, Mr. Fuehrer wannabe, you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

After murdering me in cold blood, of course.

Hey, isn't there some kind of law against making terroristic threats on the internet?

Let's use Jim's own people against him - none of them has any honor, after all.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Not in free countries

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Of course it does! Anything that's not neocon dupery looks like LWMP.

It's such a shame that when you joined the cult of Bushism, all of your brains fell out.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Pretty strong words, coming from a draft-dodging coward.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

night:

Well, they _are_ both amoral primates.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

wasn't that your prez?. Going back to when Clinton was in office, the French Gov't heard that he was having an affair with a younger lady, their comment was

"Seulement l'un ? "

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Martin Griffith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

In many ways,you are right.

Non-assimilation by immigrants,loss of the "American Way",failure of the people to defend the nation,"political corectness".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik