OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

You lose all control over making all your most important laws. Here's
another fine example of why we've decided to pull out of the EU. We now
have to pay for this scumbag's room and board for *at least* the next 18
years at a cost of about GBP330,000/p.a PLUS whatever it takes to raise
his victim's children until they reach the age of 18. This is the kind of
shit we have to put up with now every day in what was once - before we
were swamped by execrable and vicious foreign criminals - a largely
peaceful and safe country:

http://tinyurl.com/jugnj2e

Exactly the same sort of thing is happening in the US right now, too,
thanks to its porous border with the failed state of Mexico. Maybe the
southern states (at least) should consider ceding from the Union and
taking back proper control over immigration?

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

If its gonna happen anyplace, its gonna happen in the Lone Star State
first.

https://texassecede.com/faq.php

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 22:05:45 -0000 (UTC), Julian Barnes

Nope.  California leads the pack and everyone else just follows:
<http://www.yescalifornia.org

How about six Californias with the Silicon Valley region as an
independent state?
<https://techcrunch.com/2013/12/19/tim-draper-six-californias-secede-silicon-valley-ballot-initiative/
I like it.  Why wait for the San Andreas fault to break up the state?

...and then, there's Baja Arizona:
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/10/baja-arizona-state_n_859954.html

or we could just give up on representative government and just get
ourselves an emperor:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

silicon-valley-ballot-initiative/>
state_n_859954.html>

Wow! Looks like everyone's getting in on the act!
Problem with California is it's saturated with Lefties so wouldn't be
able to go it alone (too many welfare-dependants). But very good to hear,
anyway.

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

I can't wait until whichever county of the UK that Cursitor Doom inhabits d
ecides to go it alone. Their version of managing mental health problems in
the community - which leaves Cursitor Doom free to post his nonsense, rathe
r than having his mental health problems dealt with - could be fatal. Count
ry-wide quality control isn't bureaucratic interference, but rather an abso
lute necessity if you want your infra-structure to work right.

If Cursitor Doom had any grasp of reality, he'd have noticed what Thatcher'
s privatision and regionalising of British Rail did to train travel in the
UK, and he'd have learned from it. Sadly, that kind of problem doesn't get
written up in the Dailuy Express.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

Julian Barnes does seem to be able find the vapourings of other lunatic rig
ht-wingers. The web is full of silly ideas posted by demented people.

Julian Barnes will comfort himself with the opinion that my ideas are even
less reliable than the ones he fancies - he's good at that. Critical judgem
ent, on the other hand, isn't his strong suit.

Despite Cursitor Doom's delusions, the US does have formal control over imm
igration. There's a lot of southern business that relies on cheap illegal m
anual labour from Mexico and places further south, so the enforcement of im
migrant control is erratic. If local businesses need labour, local law enfo
rcement is likely to be lax about enforcing immigration controls. leading t
o a leaky border.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 20:24:03 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

Most Mexicans are decent, hard-working people whose kids speak
standard (American) English and fit right in. There aren't many
Mexican immigrant terrorists. Of course, we should control our borders
and arrest and deport any non-citizen criminals of any nationality.

Other cultures don't fit in as well. I could name names.

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

Even Trump admitted there are decent people among the Mexican immigrants
and I don't demur from that view at all. But he also said that it's not
necessarily their best people that are coming in. There are also plenty
of other failed states south of Mexico who can use Mexico as a
springboard to enter the US - and some of those people are *seriously*
bad news to discover in your bedroom at 3am.
All I'm suggesting is, use a bit of common sense and screen the people
you bring in. That's what we're going to do in the UK. We don't want any
more rapists, robbers and murderers and unfortunately, *some* of these
incomers *are* arriving with that express intent. You'd be foolish to
just let just anyone in and I'd venture to say that any person who claims
otherwise is acting in bad faith - an anarchist of some sort - and
*wants* to see America burn.
Just my 2p.

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 23:51:51 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

There's a ton of Mexican drug dealers traversing the border unimpeded.

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

<snip>

Lenny Bruce described the "war of drugs" as a conspiracy between the FBI and Mafia to maintain the street price of heroin.

As long as Americans insist on buying and taking recreational drugs, there will be businessmen who will makes sure that here will be drugs available for them to buy.

It may "fill the and with vice and crime" but the population likes it.

Isn't democracy wonderful? Democratic governments, less so.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

Sounds like AZ needs to cede and take back control over its own borders,
then.

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

Check this out from Jeff's link:

9. EDUCATION
California has some of the best universities but in various ways, our
schools are among the worst in the country. Not only does this deprive
our children of the education they deserve, but it also costs taxpayers
billions in social services and law enforcement expenses linked to
lacking opportunities resulting from poor education. Independence means
we will be able to fully fund public education, rebuild and modernize
public schools, and pay public school teachers the salaries they deserve.
On top of that, independence means freedom from federal education
policies and one-size-fits-all standards set by political appointees on
the other side of the continent.

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

California schools have the same problem as all other US school. Schools are funded and run on a school-district by school-district basis.

Rich districts have more money to spend on their schools, and some of them spend it intelligently, while poor districts don't have much money.

Primary and secondary schooling in the US generally is regularly described as "variable". The best can be very good, the worst are diabolical, and there are a lot of under-performing schools.

Federal education policies - to the extent that they exist - are toothless.

Dubbya's "No child left behind" initiative was a fine conception, but totally under-funded - the Federal budget seems to have been diverted to the business of invading Irak.

Secession wouldn't do a thing for education in California - it's already piece-meal within the state.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

Cursitor Doom wants England broken up into independent counties, each makin
g it's own laws, and closing it borders to the scum from Essex.

t 18

I'm surprised that Cursitor Doom hasn't mentioned bringing back the death p
enalty. It's much cheaper to hang convicted murderers than to keep them in
prison for 18 years.

This doesn't solve the problem of raising the victim's kids, but young fath
ers die from all kinds of causes - traffic accidents and suicide are the pr
edominant causes of death in that age-group - so they aren't an isolated an
d novel problem that could be minimised by getting the UK out of the EU.

- a > largely  peaceful and safe country:

Cursitor Doom claims that the UK has been "swamped" by foreign criminals, b
ut his evidence consists of the story of exactly one such criminal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rat
e_by_decade

The murder rate in the UK was lower  a century ago - a bit under one per 10
0,000 - stated going up in the 1990's and peaked at 2.1 in 2002, and has be
en declining since then.

This doesn't seem to have much to do with EU, and probably has more to do w
ith illegal drug trade, and nutters being able to afford to buy (illegal) g
uns. Brexit may help, by impoverishing the country to the point that nutter
s can't afford guns any more, but home-grown nutters will presumably contin
ue to dominate the murder statistics, as they've always done.

American immigration is all about sucking in cheap labour. Trump is beating
 the drum on the subject, but his hotels employ their fare share of cheap i
llegal immigrant maids.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea
And I can't go to Canada until 2020 because I got a drunk driving charge in
 2010.

And I am going to tell you this - Mexicans are nowhere near as bad as the p
eople the EU would have foisted upon you. What Mexican has planted a bomb o
r shot up a school or something ?

Not that I want them here, Don't get that idea. I want to tear down the sta
tue of liberty and let France put it up by their country and see how they l
ike the huddled masses who think Women are property and rape is OK as long
as she is eight years old. The  Talmud says that, but when it is convenient
 when they need a piece of meat they adopt it. They should just pull the bo
ne out of a ham and fuck it but there that rule against pork, you know that
 would hurt their "honor".

I want the borders totally closed. We got too many people. Ad now that you
have elected these ultraliberal governments, it is YOU who will be the next
 refugees, abandoning your homeland and leaving them to rule it. Liberals a
re sickening and I am glad they are suffering because of their bleeding hea
rt politically correct decisions and brainwashing. And the lesson isn't ove
r. You'll have second generation bombers and whatever they can't deport bec
ause they were born there. Just wait.

And you wonder why Trump has as much support as he does.

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea
The answer:
http://www.truthjustice.net/politics/immigration-the-only-thing-on-which-
jefferson-and-hamilton-agreed/

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

False.

Crime in the UK has been consistently declining for the past 20
years. Including violent crime which is 1/3 what it was in the 90's,
before the "swamping".

<http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/2015-07-16#violent-crime

--

John Devereux

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

Oh..... facts. Don't bother me with facts.

Far too many of our politicians have recently been deriding
experts of all sorts, because the RealFacts conflict with
the political GoodFacts they wish sheeple would believe.

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

"I think the British People have had enough of experts"

--

John Devereux

Re: OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea

bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/2015-07-16#violent-crime>

FALSE! If you've been around as long as I have you don't need phoney
government statistics to tell you how much crime there is now compared to
yesteryear. We're being swamped by a torrent of hyper-violent criminals
from Eastern Europe right now. If nothing is done pretty damn quick we'll
end up totally screwed like Sweden and Germany.

Site Timeline