OT: Sit, Kneel, or Stand?

Yeah, science is stupid. Critical thinking is dumb and for lefties. Just make up your own facts and you'll seem smarter. Until reality sets in.

Reply to
lonmkusch

:

y have no

t is happy to

essional

urther

job we asked

it's

ugh.

that. But I seriously doubt it is.

n light of his, ummm, questionable performance.

w and thought he'd tone down the insults and be more diplomatic once in off ice.

Bill Clinton and Obama didn't come across as ineffectual half-wits. Having a majority in both houses and still not being able to repeal Obamacare isn' t "chaotic", merely incompetent - though the Republican Party being split b etween right-winger and lunatic far-right-wingers doesn't help.

e Truman which isn't exactly a feather in his hat.

et kicked out of office (or encouraged to leave) before his term is up, and if not that, some members of his former campaign team or even his family c ould get indicted.

It has. Nobody wants to take it seriously.

There's a lot of shit going on with Trump that's pretty fricken' hard to de ny.

But you and the rest of the deplorables all get your single votes too.

Of course, California is a big state, so your vote turns into fewer elector al colleges votes than that of the even worse educated deplorables from the small rust-belt states.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You think Express and other right wing publications that "predicted" Trump's win did it using their own polls and research?

Get real, NotReal. They were simply publishing what their audience wanted to hear.

Reply to
lonmkusch

e:

:

ote:

arly have no

dent is happy to

rofessional

o further

he job we asked

hat it's

though.

eve that. But I seriously doubt it is.

w in light of his, ummm, questionable performance.

ore

now and thought he'd tone down the insults and be more diplomatic once in office.

Obama. The "it's just his first year" utterance will change into "it's jus t his second year" in 2018. You really think much will improve by then? It' s Trump's own fault. I doubt anyone is forcing him to say and do most of th e inflammatory stuff he's saying.

Not as stupid as a majority of Republican women voting for him.

He lost the popular vote by the biggest margin ever, but because his lies g ot traction in the rust-belt states which are over-represented in the elect oral college, he just managed to make it. Hillary and her team got blind-si ded, which was silly of them - Bernie Sanders had a lot more to offer the d eplorables, but he didn't get the Democratic nomination.

. I've encountered engineer hiring practices that prefer someone from outsi de the industry, but they're still engineers. I can understand hiring a CEO from outside the industry, but they still know the ins and outs of being a CEO.

erspective. But what's happened here is we have an arrogant, narcissistic reality TV star/real estate developer of questionable mental stability tryi ng to run something he has no knowledge nor experience with: the US governm ent.

a construction job site. Yeah, not a great idea. You have to have some trai ning to do any job, even if it's behind the fast food counter.

Politics doesn't seem to be one of them.

The military has a long tradition of using the idiots as cannon-fodder. Coo ks and bakers have to master more complex skills than gunners, and last lon ger when using them, and were probably drawn from the groups that did bette r on the initial IQ tests. Infantry-men had an average IQ of 84. Higher IQ tends to have weak, but positive associations with doing anything useful . ..

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

e:

:

rote:

ote:

clearly have no

esident is happy to

h professional

g to further

y.

s the job we asked

t that it's

e, though.

elieve that. But I seriously doubt it is.

low in light of his, ummm, questionable performance.

before

by now and thought he'd tone down the insults and be more diplomatic once in office.

ith Obama. The "it's just his first year" utterance will change into "it's just his second year" in 2018. You really think much will improve by then? It's Trump's own fault. I doubt anyone is forcing him to say and do most of the inflammatory stuff he's saying.

o he obviously wasn't doing anything stupid. And my answer to that is: Yes I know he won. There's no debate about that. His ability to get reelected o r simply remain in office for the remaining portion of the 1st term remains to be seen.

Only John Larkin could be silly enough to think that.

ng

est. I've encountered engineer hiring practices that prefer someone from ou tside the industry, but they're still engineers. I can understand hiring a CEO from outside the industry, but they still know the ins and outs of bein g a CEO.

h perspective. But what's happened here is we have an arrogant, narcissist ic reality TV star/real estate developer of questionable mental stability t rying to run something he has no knowledge nor experience with: the US gove rnment.

in a construction job site. Yeah, not a great idea. You have to have some t raining to do any job, even if it's behind the fast food counter.

Experience always gives an advantage. Some systems are so seriously messed up that dumping them and starting over is the right answer - but you have t o know the system quite well to realise that it is messed up beyond redempt ion.

be, my point is you have to know something, and Trump has shown essentiall y zero knowledge of how to deal with other politicians, foreign leaders, an d even private citizens that happen to fall into his cross-hairs. And he to uted himself as the "deal maker". A deal maker typically has people skills and he appears to have little.

Only one. Assad only launched one when Obama was president, and didn't like the reaction he got then either, which was a whole cheaper than Trump's.

Who cares? Conventional wisdom is that there is no such thing as bad public ity, so all that matters is keeping your face on the front page, which does seem to be the rule that Trump is following.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Ever? Haven't read much history, have you.

He is tearing the

No, other people are doing that.

lunatic fringe electronics

And your counter-example is? Abraham Lincoln did preside at the start of th e US Civil War, which was about as divisive event as you can get, but he wa sn't widely perceived as an egomaniac twit, fomenting division to feed his personal popularity.

Who do you have in mind? The alt-right lunatics that invaded Charlottesvill e are perhaps more enthusiastic about tearing the United States apart, but they aren't all that effective. Trump's endorsement of their murderous anti cs got a lot more publicity than the antics themselves, which leaves Trump at the head of the pack - if he knew where his antics were taking him, this might be described as leadership, but all he is doing is spreading chaos, which isn't exactly uniting the country.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump is simply stating his view as many other Americans are. Someone has to come out and give some scheme for dealing with the black issue, and say, let's play ball, and abide by Obamas military NFL money initiative to have players stand for supporting the Anthem. Unfortunately Obama before leaving gave his support to protest. Wrong move. Reverse move. He could have made it easy.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

SNOPES??

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Cursitor Doom

Thank God! The interests of a peaceful world are better served without her filthy warmongering.

Cursitor Doom

Yup, the Antifa anti-democracy anarchists for a start.

Cursitor Doom

Didn't happen. If they follow the popular vote, the why did trump win.

California has some beautiful scenery. I used to fly my Malibu along the Pacific coast on the way to San Diego Lindbergh Field for a hamburger. Absolutely stunning. You have no idea how much money the rich people have.

I have seen Russian River and the Sequoias. Unbelievable.

Colorado has some gorgeous sweeping vistas. Cannot find them anywhere else. I got trapped in a mountain channel once. No escape and no way back.

Fortunately the Malibu has a 25,000 foot ceiling. I found an hole in the clouds and climbed above them. To get above the clouds, I had to go above

18,000 feet, IFR territory. Illegal to fly in without clearance.

I called central to tell them I was there, and they asked how many people on board and how much fuel I had. I told them one aboard and enough fuel to go to San Diego and back.

They put me on IFR, even though I was not qualified yet. Made it back to San Jose with no problems. You should learn how to fly.

Virginia, Kentucky, and many other states have gorgeous view you can only see from the air. Fly across the gulf of Mexico from New Orleans to West Palm Beach, Florida. You fly above St Peteresburg. Absolutely stunning. And the Key Lime Pie in Florida is unbelievable.

On the other side, one approach to Utah has some pretty rough mountains. Impossible to land if your engine quits. They call it the badlands. Good name. You die quick.

You have to watch out for the military areas. I was flying with flight watch through an authorized channel, when a bunch of F-16's came down from high altitude and passed my left wing. Boy, they go fast. I had absolutely no chance to maneuver or get out of their way.

You really have to respect the skill of some people.

Typical JL response. Ignore the facts, insult the person.

What happened to JFK. "Look not for what your country can do for you. Look for what you can do for your country."

A totally different world.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Snopes is quite widely regarded as the go-to place to determine the validit y of a claim. That is the purpose of the website.

Now, you "ROTFLMAO" over the usage of Snopes to debunk a claim, but what ha ve you provided? An eBay listing? I've seen grilled cheese sandwiches sold on there that purportedly contained traces of divine intervention. I could sell a chunk of dirt from my yard if I marketed it well.

You like to say others are not living in the real world and don't check the ir facts. Yet you laugh off Snopes without providing any reasoning beyond the image of you laughing on the floor like a mental patient.

You proudly proclaim that RT is one of your trusted news sources, yet they are unapologetically a Russian propaganda machine. You proclaim the quality of Express, which according to Wikipedia is "Hard Euroscepticism", "Right- wing populism", and "UKIP".

Yougov ranks Express as the 2nd most right-wing publication in the UK:

ers/

Your only defence (see what I did there) is to ROFL or stubbornly claim you r unquestionably hard-biased news sources are indeed good, unbiased sources of news. Yet you are unable to substantiate them from a mainstream news so urce that actually has to maintain some level of credibility.

I doubt you've read this far, because I doubt you can. Instead you likely g ot distracted and started reading RT or Express for your daily dose of what you want to hear.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Ugh. Are you for real? Putting "Trump" and "peaceful" into the same sentence alone could start a war.

And you accuse Hilary of "warmongering"? Have you seen any of the exchange between Trump and DPRK? That is an actual, real, worrisome thing going on right now.

Have you been screened for dementia?

Reply to
lonmkusch

There's nothing simple about Trumps antics. He's a polished performer, but as a confidence man, not a politician, where pathological lying counts as a weakness.

Probably not.

Obama has ethics and principles. Trump doesn't. You don't seem to know what they might be.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Snopes does jeer at at lot of the nonsense that Cursitor Doom finds attractive.

Unsurprisingly, the gullible clown prefers to swallow the guff he gets from the Daily Mail and Russia Today.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Got any more alphabet soup from your favourite right-wing misinformation sources?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Because electors are quantized by state.

You can hike or camp most anywhere in California for free.

Yes. I grew up in Louisiana, flat mud and swamps, and the 3Dness of California still amazes me. My kid was born here and takes it for granted.

I've flown with people in small planes, but it doesn't interest me; too much like driving. Aerobatic soaring would be fun, but I'll peobably never get around to it. And I hate being a beginner at anything.

New Orleans stunning? I don't remember that.

That wasn't an insult. It was an expression of gratitude.

That's not exactly what he said.

People are pretty much the same, which is the problem.

lunatic fringe electronics

That is terrifying. Lybia is a mess, and hundreds of thousands of refugees are crossing the Mediterranean to europe.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

e:

ence alone could start a war.

Assuming for right now that she's solely responsible, are you saying she pu rposefully did this? Or was it an unintended consequence of an otherwise go od intention? One can't expect a human to make the correct decisions all th e time. All we can hope for is there's good intentions behind it.

On the other hand, calling a leader of another nation cutesy names and stat ing the US will "totally destroy" it is completely intentional and a little irresponsible, isn't it?

Reply to
lonmkusch