OT: Sit, Kneel, or Stand?

In a very complex system, with unknown dynamics and likely flakey observations, the best predictor is usually a good guess, instinct. Some people are better at that than others.

Of course, that can't be demonstrated on a one-time event. That might be just luck.

lunatic fringe electronics

Whatever Trump is doing doesn't seem to be working, and it looks more like belligerent abuse than anything coherent or purposeful.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Actually, to give credit where it's due, the Express was not the sole correct MSM predictor of the election outcome - if you classify Alex Jones' Infowars as MSM (which it isn't as yet but is heading that way) because it has a *much* higher readership than CNN has viewers and even more radio listeners. Matt Drudge's site has more than the two of those put together, incidentally. In terms of readership/viewership if nothing else, Drudge and Jones are becoming the new mass media.

Cursitor Doom

What I'd like to know however, is how did they come to these conclusions? W as it based on statistics, or something else? I'd also say: of course some one running counter to what the math says will be correct eventually with s omething like an election.

It's kind of like climatologists using math and physics to predict climate, and some denier pointing to weather events that "proved" the prediction wa s incorrect. Despite all that, what's the best long-term method of determin ing something notoriously difficult to predict like weather or an election? Math, or emotion/guessing/saying-what-clientele-wants?

Reply to
lonmkusch

Like Obama and his pretend birth certificate.

BTW, this snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com entity is one of the biggest trolls currently posting here. It's your choice of course, but I'd KF him. In fact I already have.

Cursitor Doom

Probably not accidental, no. Probably the product of some Commie's resentful, small, mean-minded imagination.

Cursitor Doom

That's a great start. Can you kill file everyone else too? Start with me!

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

But... but... but... he's a Purdue grad, or at least claims to be ;-)

Thus I think he's all subterfuge... all the Purdue grads I've known were pretty sharp... this snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com hasn't, as far as I can remember, EVER posted anything electronic... plus he's as dull as an old rusted single-edged razor blade. ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

Proof? That's been dispelled long ago. You must have not been privy to the memo.

What do you call someone who posts unsubstantiated claims like yourself? Is that a troll? You love RT, Express, and still believe Obama isn't a US citizen. Sounds like a troll to me. If not that, may I suggest "moron".

Reply to
lonmkusch

You claim to be an MIT grad. Is that any more credible?

Why thank you....Charles Krousgrill was my adviser.

That's just your dementia. Look up the "Best bang-for-buck uC" thread. PS I didn't create this account to talk electronics.

That's my online personality. The nice thing is I can drop this account, co me back as another and nobody would know the difference. You on the other hand have exposed your entire persona and considering you are a business ow ner, mixing politics and business doesn't seem the smartest to me. But that 's just me.

Reply to
lonmkusch

This is the biggest troll on the group right now you're attempting to debate with, Jim. Just in case you hadn't noticed...

Cursitor Doom

Most likely a well-overpaid career in "journalism" with CNN, NBC, BBC NYT.....& the rest of the 5th columnist dross that comprises the MSM.

Cursitor Doom

Says the guy who's not a US citizen and still claims Obama isn't a US citizen.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Quick, but lousy photos, too much sunlight in my office:

(I'm dead-center front, linen jacket, Gestetner on my right, Hirschfeld on my left):

and the wife's favorite on that wall:

:-}

I'm old (77), well-off financially, and have a reputation of delivering working stuff 100% of the time... so I don't think my clients give a rat's ass about my politics. Besides I don't engage in political discussion with customers.

Any potential customers that take offense are probably the type I wouldn't enjoy working with anyway. ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

I don't think all conservatives are idiots. Many are smart, some are very smart, reasonable people.

But you are well off the charts in terms of your belief in conspiracy theories and the belief someone is out to get you or screw you over in some way.

Reply to
lonmkusch

You have no idea how easy it is to change a style. I've done it once alread y.

ou are a business owner,

just me.

I've got a few decades left and don't know how much this stuff spewed all o ver the Internet will get used in the future.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Cursitor Doom is much too modest, and probably hasn't noticed that lonmkusch posts rather more evidence-based stuff than Cursitor Doom does.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The Communist Party used to be active in Australia, as it tended to be wher ever there was an active trade union movement, but the Australian tradition of verbal abuse has much wider support, and the choice of "septic tank" as an alternative to "skeptic Yank", would seem funny to a very wide range of Australian opinion.

Considering the small-minded, anti-union meanness of many US employers in A ustralia, it's appeal would be very wide.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Cursitor Doom is much too modest. Or maybe his self-knowledge is as unreliable as the rest of the rubbish he posts.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Reply to