OT: Help getting into my Gmail

Oops, you forgot to specify mobile phone or ISP email for password recovery?

What's wrong with using the gmail.com web interface?

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Got a catch-22 here: Am having all my mail from localnet.com forwarded to my g-mail account, so any response from google "help" winds up IN the g-mail account.

Queries to localnet are answered to my localnet e-mail.

I see no way that i can respond to the g-mail account "help" methods for username and/or user password recovery, and have their response show elsewhere (eg: my corporate e-mail).

HELP??

Reply to
Robert Baer

1) NO mobile phone. 2) My ISP _is_ localnet.com . 3) Nothing wrong with the g-mail interface; they just give you _NO_ way to recover info outside their "box" which only allows the original account info of snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com (all e-mails to that are re-directed to the g-mail account).
Reply to
Robert Baer

No big deal. Don't you have a web interface for your localnet account ? Momentarily configure it so that either it's not redirected, or to keep the messages on the localnet server, and you're done.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Probably the redirecting is being done at the ISP not gmail. Contact them and have them remove it, or block gmail's access to your account.

If gmail is grabbing the emails, you can block them (if gmail is sucking the mail up) by changing your localnet.com password.

So:

  1. Change your localnet.com password.
  2. Use another program to get your email from localnet.com (like thunderbird) if you don't have a web interface at localnet.com.
  3. I do not think that gmail deletes email on your localnet.com account, but copies it instead. (though once read, some email providers do delete after a certain time period.)
--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

I cannot change the re-direction; they do that. I have e-mailed them asking them to stop the re-direction but AFAIK they have not responded, or if they did, it was to my localnet account and so got (you guessed it) re-directed to the inaccessible g-mail account. I even told them to respond to my corporate account..no go.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Changing the password absolutely cannot do any good.

I use a web interface at localnet.com. Machts Nicht; the e-mail does not exist there as it gets directly sent to my g-mail account.

It absolutely is re-directed by my ISP, localnet.com and at my request about a year ago. All e-mail going to my localnet account gets directed to my g-mail account; it is not deleted anywhere nor is it copied anywhere.

Reply to
Robert Baer

That's kind of vague and ranty. What is this "box"?

I access my gmail via POP3.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Best solution is then to tell LocalNet not to forward your email to gmail, or at least that is the way it seems to me. Resolve the problem then reimplement the forwarding if desired.

BTW, LocalNet should (easily) have the ability to forward to gmail and to keep it on their server as well. And I think, gmail could be trained to forward the email to another email account as well. (Yes, I know, that starts to get confusing!)

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

Call their tech support on the telephone, and talk to a live person.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

That's how I have mine set up--Godaddy automatically sends copies to a Gmail account. When Godaddy had that DNS outage a couple of weeks back, the Gmail copies were still showing up.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If he changes his password at the ISP level, Gmail can no longer log in to access it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Some StartLogic (hosting) users are having ongoing trouble with their email.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You need to get LocalNet to change their MX records for your email account. Once you get hold of somebody who knows how to do that, you should be in good shape.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

When i asked that a COPY be forwarded (so that the "original" be kept), they responded that they could only forward.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Check, copies are always the best - even if the "origina;s" contain

50% spam after crappy filtering - which was why i asked for themto be sent to the g-mail account.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks; will stay away from them.

Reply to
Robert Baer

1) AFAIK gmail does not "log in"; the e-mails get forwarded "directly". 2) Changing my localnet password cannot and will not change any of the dynamics..
Reply to
Robert Baer

Have done that; all i get is SPAM, which was why i had them re-direct in the first place. NO peep from Google..

Reply to
Robert Baer

account.

methods

show

So it goes there first and then to your gmail account like usual. I = don't get the problem.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk