I Got Your Efficient CCFLs Right Here .-.|¯|.-.- .

Working on a scope here and as you (should) know with no input there should be a flat line. Ground reference, ant V/div. it is there. About 50 KHz all over it.

Then I move the bench light, on the arm y'know. It gets bigger and smaller. You S O B !

Couldn't find a regular incandescent. I DID find a halogen that screws into the same socket. It is much better now but the other lights overhead are C CFLs so I dunno about changing all of them because they get left on all nig ht sometimes and there are a bunch of them because I am still half blind ev en with 20/20 vision. It's a retina thing, not to mention a polluted vitreo us.

Anyway, I bet LEDs have some sort of DC DC convertor in them eh... Probably those classy precision instrumentation quality Royers right ?

Fuck.

Green ? Maybe I'll go out and bury a bunch of used lytics...

Reply to
jurb6006

ld be a flat line. Ground reference, ant V/div. it is there. About 50 KHz a ll over it.

r. You S O B !

to the same socket. It is much better now but the other lights overhead are CCFLs so I dunno about changing all of them because they get left on all n ight sometimes and there are a bunch of them because I am still half blind even with 20/20 vision. It's a retina thing, not to mention a polluted vitr eous.

ly those classy precision instrumentation quality Royers right ?

Or fit capacitors & mesh over the light

Reply to
tabbypurr

ld be a flat line. Ground reference, ant V/div. it is there. About 50 KHz a ll over it.

r. You S O B !

to the same socket. It is much better now but the other lights overhead are CCFLs so I dunno about changing all of them because they get left on all n ight sometimes and there are a bunch of them because I am still half blind even with 20/20 vision. It's a retina thing, not to mention a polluted vitr eous.

** I had the same problem with CFLs in my arm light - mainly with tube guit ar amps on the bench. Changed to using an LED bulb about a year back and pr oblem GONE !!!

Extra plusses are that the LED is plastic so not fragile are brighter and g ive better colour rendering.

I think the difference must be is that while both lamps employ high frequen cy inverters, LEDs run at low voltage while CFL tubes run at high voltages - so radiate a greater electric field and capacitance couple much more.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison