OT: Climate Change Bullshit

You just don't live in the real world. Oil companies, like my old industry (nuclear power) know very well that it is not a symmetric competition. Not least because the first response to anything you put out is "I don't believe you because you work for them".

Scientists in these industries are rewarded for doing stuff that helps the bottom line.

Academics and those working for Greenpeace, etc, are judged by column inches or, these days, "likes" and re-tweets. They have an actual incentive to dramatise, and this introduces bias.

Reply to
newshound

Don't have a mind so open that your brains fall out.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It's no such thing! What about the Progressive movement?? It's not some fringe bunch of loonies; they're a sizeable mainstream bunch of loonies whose foot-soldiers' (like Antifa) dogma is that of Trotskyite-style violent revolution!

Neither have you!

Nothing whatsoever wrong with mid-19th century chemists. They did some unbelievably clever science with the elementary tools they had available at the time. The achievements of Antoine Lavoisier in particular, over

200 years ago, in respect of quantitative measurements of gases were absolutely astounding. I suggest you look at the scales he designed and had built; they're true works of art in their own right. IIRC I believe at least one of them survives to this day.

You said it yourself: you're guessing!

I never claimed this was a book on environmental chemistry! What I said was I have *other* books which *do* cover aspects of environmental chemistry going back as far as 1847. That's all I said.

Cursitor Doom

Conspiring with foreign agents to de-rail Brexit, by the look of things. Treason IOW.

Cursitor Doom

I wouldn't touch them. Probably radio active as hell from the local nuclear power station.

Cursitor Doom

You have previously claimed that Russia Today is a very reliable source of news. Is that where you were given that opinion?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You're attempting to debate with one of Usenet's most prolific trolls, John. Just thought you ought to know!

Cursitor Doom

You know FUCK ALL about John. This thread is the first time you've ever even heard of him, so your opinion (as usual) is worthless.

Cursitor Doom

No one has gven that opinion. Its one one arrives at by exanmininmg what very few facts there are.

Like 'leave means leave' 'no deal is better than a bad deal' and then readinmg te actual deal to find it is so bad we might as well not have voted leave at all, because we are in fact going to be bound tighter to the EU than ever., and likely have NI and Gibraltar stripped, our farming destroyed and our fishing industry history.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

LOL!

..I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And this is what the BBC is telling kids about global warming

alan_m

People in France are rioting because the CO2 levels are not high enough? Wow, when I was in Paris I could tell it is a very clean city. I never realized that extended to the air as well. Too clean to breath perhaps? They need more CO2!

Rick C.

Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

Physical separation - by race, language, national origin, education, occupation, income, political party - is increasing in most countries. That results on tribalism. Deliberate mixing of cultures would make people more tolerant and thoughtful, members of a common culture.

Here too, people could be more tolerant and thoughtful.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

One assumes this is tongue in cheek.

There's a nice fish restaurant near the power station, at the end of the railway at Dungeness station.

--
"I love the way that Microsoft follows standards.
 In much the same manner as fish follow migrating caribou."

Well, it's unclear to me whether you can get justice in the US. What you do get is law, and plenty of it. When a judge can agree with the DA that you're a "flight risk", and so refuse bail, just because you exercised your legal right to resist extradition, you have to wonder. And when the same judge can threaten that on being found guilty, he'll sentence you to 40 years in the slammer, so how about accepting that little old plea bargain, you have to wonder about due process.

And you have to wonder about local government and policing, too. When any jurisdiction can "incorporate" (WTF?) and call itself a "city", with its own police department, you end up with a country that has, in the US's case, 15,000 separate police departments for 350 or so million people. Here, with 65 million, there are 43 or so separate police forces.

In the smallest of those 15,000, you'll have Sheriff Hiram Q Globetrotter in charge, with a couple of hayseeds as deputies - no wonder certain of the the locals tend to get shot more often than certain others.

nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted"  --  Bill of Rights 1689
Reply to
Tim Streater

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

In spades with the EU and Canada alone.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Have fun listing even a single example of that.

usenet doesn't work like that. Never has and never will.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Do you design electronics? Tell us about that.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Or there's The Netter, the last of the mud-horse fisherman, with nets in the shadow of Hinkley Point. Brendan Sellick has retired and, the last I heard, his son Adrian has taken over.

While playing with live eels in their Belfast sink, my daughter viscerally understood why "as slippery as an eel" has entered the language.

(Similarly "flying by the seat of your pants" comes from reality, not imagination)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yep, been doing that since before you were even born, thanks.

How many of you are there between those ears boy ?

Reply to
Rod Speed

Unlikely.

Show us something interesting.

Are you yet another nym of Always Wrong? You sound just like him.