OT: Another Wedding

Excitement here this morning... the granddaughters are coming to take "Oni" to help select the wedding gown for granddaughter #2 (of 5).

Me, I'm delighted that we will acquire, with this match-up, more holiday days! Another religion for our clan, Greek Orthodox ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Did you mean "Geek Orthodox"?

Greek Orthodox followers (not leaders) are allegedly 60% Democrats and

40% Republican: The church leaders seem to have a rather high median household income ($76,600) which presumably comes from donations.

Best of luck to the newlyweds.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Thanks!

We have a third beau waiting in the wings... gets his MS in mechanical engineering in June. I expect another announcement then ;-) Really nice guy, likes children... only drawback is some twisted views concerning climate ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

The Brat is doing it next fall, on a golf course in Truckee. She plans to approach the altar in a golf cart. I do *not* plan to wear a tie.

lunatic fringe electronics

A must-see primer: "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Yep. I love family traditions... and Windex >:-}

Interesting how the after-wedding parties are the most boisterous for certain religions... We've personally experienced Catholic, Jewish, and been to a Greek Orthodox one... looking forward to our own ;-) Then there are the plain vanilla Protestant ones... still puritanical, still can't quite let themselves go at a party. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Congratulations!

The best part of being the grandfather is that I get to participate but don't have to pay ;-)

(But I'll wear a tux.) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

He takes a scientific view does he?

Reply to
Perry