Here is another LDO

080201080709010108020106 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I wouldn't suggest this, because it depends on the Vgs(th) being temp stable but I have used a variant of this in a high voltage supply that worked very well.

But!, It works with a 10.5 volt supply and holds 2 amps on the output with very little ripple, some where around 10 volts out with +/- 500 uv maybe.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

That is a VERY impressive simulation!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yes it is, I am wondering if I put the correct one up? ;)

In any case, I did bench it tonight, I didn't have the same P-channel fet but I used something I had hanging on a heat sink. PMOSes are not very popular for some reason ?

Any way, I had to add a ceramic cap to remove some RF noise, now I think I understand where the noise was coming from, this was on a bread board with dangling wires, I didn't have any local bypasses there :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie