need suggestions on MOLEX connectors

digikey in their online catalog shows the molex connectors. w

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

I need to connect the following:

1) Timing circuit (so far on breadboard, output not wired) to two Semikron 23/12 IGBT gate driver boards (input is DIN 41651).

2) Each semikron driver board output (MOLEX 41791) to four IGBT pairs of contacts and to top and bottom sides of the high voltage DC rail. The contacts on IGBT say 09-50 MOLEX 33. I would like to do it in a nice way, so that I can connect and disconnect stuff, etc.

Where I am confused is what kinds of connectors to buy. There are so many. Is there any primer on this. Photos of my connectors and boards are at

I think that I would like to buy female DIN plugs for semikron 23 input, and wide female MOLEX plugs with simply wires sticking out. On the other side I would like to wire parallel receptacles for IGBT's

09-50 MOLEX plugs.

How should I go about finding out just what connectors to buy.

thanks

Ignoramus18971

I doubt if that is a MOLEX connector. Looks more like specialized custom made connector. rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:34:58 +0000, Ignoramus26750 wrote: ...

That's not a Molex, it's an IDC (insulation displacement connector) header. I don't know who carries those things these days - what it is is a connector much like on your disk drives, probably on .1" centers - the mating connector crimps onto a piece of ribbon cable. Googling "IDC connectors" gets lots of hits.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That would be the one - assuming, of course, that you've already determined that it's 14 pins. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks. I thumbed through digikey paper catalog last night. Specifically for the board input connector. There are all kinds of molex connectors and molex 41791 is not mentioned. What is the proper designation of that input connector?

It can be seen on the left of picture at

below numbers 19-99 and above 0500.

Ignoramus26750

I dunno, not being an expert and all, I think that I saw it in many pieces of equipment that I threw away during my ebay surplus selling career. I just cannot pinpoint its designation and I did not save those connectors.

I have some DIP flat connectors that I could use on the breadboard side. If I can only find the one for semikron side, I will be in heaven.

Ignoramus26750

I think that what I need for the input side is Digikey item MSC14A-ND.

Ignoramus26750

Here's what I will buy, in a day or so

7 4 MSC14A-ND CONN 14 POS IDC SOCKET GOLD 0 1.12000 $4.48 8 10 WM2125-ND CONN HOUSING 5POS .156 W/RAMP 0 0.43500 $4.35 9 10 WM5224-ND CONN HEADER 2POS .156 VERT GOLD 0 0.91200 $9.12 10 20 WM2302-ND CONN TERM FEMALE 18-24AWG TIN 0 0.09500 $1.90
Reply to
Ignoramus26750

Yes, it's definitely 14 pins. :)

Here are all other connectors that I will order. I hope that I got it right.

7 4 MSC14A-ND CONN 14 POS IDC SOCKET GOLD 8 10 WM2125-ND CONN HOUSING 5POS .156 W/RAMP 9 10 WM5224-ND CONN HEADER 2POS .156 VERT GOLD 10 20 WM2302-ND CONN TERM FEMALE 18-24AWG TIN
Reply to
Ignoramus26750