Need pointers on USB connectors

Folks,

Can someone point me to an online store where I can get male and female regular size USB connectors. I am extending a USB cable to a custom length. Everyone seems to be selling ready made cables with molded plastic connectors.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Krish

Reply to
Krish

You do know there is a maximum specification for a USB cable, right?

What I do is buy the cable and just splice in an extension as needed. You are not likely to find a cheaper source than that.

Reply to
PeterD

If you are prepared to use a ready made cable, Farnell order code

1494747 is USBA male to USBA female and is 5m long. This is the maximum length allowed by the USB standard.

I have some and they work fine.

If you really do need to make your own - perhaps you don't want to drill a larger than necessary hole through a wall - Farnell also have a wide selection of connectors.

John

Reply to
John Walliker