Gun Humor

Just one of those common-sense things with respect to like, being smart about not ending up broke or dead. One's livelihood is important. Other people believe theirs is, too. Yeah some of your co-workers are probably fine and nice people. A lot of them will also probably gladly toss you under the metaphoric bus if the choice is between you and them. doesn't mean they're "bad" people necessarily it's just the way it is. So...hope for the best but expect the worst.

Another good idea in our modern times is to consider all women you work with off-limits. I don't care how gorgeous she is. Your livelihood is more important than Alice from accounting and I guarantee you she's not all that anyway she just seems that way because you're stuck in the office with her 40 hours a week. Truth is there are 3.5 billion or so women in the world they're not uncommon so there's no good reason to make a pass at Alice, let some other idiot tell her she has a "great ass" and get fired over it.

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:EQsPE.9$ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.iad:

Oooops... except for this logic... Dinner and a movie... NOT!

And makes it easier to 'take out' the 'offender', were such an 'incident' to occur.

(as either the guy going off with a gun or the guy going off on the guy going off with a gun)(hehehe)(keeping distant makes it easier)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Here's the thing...

If you remove the background gun narrative AND the laugh track from the Dharma & Greg episode, this statement isn't even funny in it's own right.

It's just dialog. And not even very clever or inventive dialog.

If it was intended to be funny, it failed. (At least for me.) But not because of anything to do with guns - it just isn't funny.

But then, I don't watch TV much, and definitely not crap like this.

Reply to
mpm

Wow! I think D&G is one of the funniest shows going. They don't have any favorites, they poke fun at every character on the show.

But to each their own.

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

harma & Greg episode, this statement isn't even funny >in it's own right.

Actually I never seen even one episode. But then I know how they write shit these days. Most movies in the first ten minutes I know the whole plot, I don't know the material but I know the kind of people who come up with it. They have what they call "winning formulae". The plot lines all go a certai n way. This is one of the reasons I got so into the 1995 edition of Outer L imits.

They got some shitty ones but some of them are THE BEST writing I have ever seen. Bringing up moral and ethical issues even Star Trek couldn't touch.

Want good TV ? Well there 1995 Outer Limits has something to offer, about t his one sort of series, like a few sequels, hard to find but extremely good . I say it is in the top ten best.

The sage or whatever you want to call it starts with A Stitch In Time. A Wo man who had been kidnapped and sexually abused when young had become an exc eptional scientist and built a time machine. Stupid ? Sound stupid eh ? Wel l, with this time machine she went back and kill sexual predators before th ey struck. they got on to her for some weird ass reason they dug up a body and it was shot with her gun and it hadn't been manufactured yet.

Now think about this - she is killing people who have not done anything wro ng. Yet.

YOU tell ME what you think. Think about this. Is it right or wrong ?

Actually there was prequel to that, it was called Final Exam. The premise o f that was that they asked a bunch of college students why cold fusion does n't work and one of them figured out how to make a cold fusion bomb. A psyc hopath and actually blew up the whole east coast of the US and with the tim e machine escaped into the past.

The the Woman who built the thing finds that technology was outlawed later. No phones no lights no motor cars, and they stood by that rejecting techno logy. However she caught wind of an epidemic that happened a bit later and was devastating mostly because the medical technology was not there to figh t it. They were going to EXECUTE her for bringing technology into the commu nity.

This little quintology is the best scifi writing I have ever seen and I hav e written scifi. If you could get me a DVD with those five eps on them I wo uld gladly pay like fifty bucks. Easy. You can get them on Netfliks, I can send a postal MO.

Now like Star Trek, there are plenty of eps I don't like. But their season finale cliffhangers and the subsequent finale you get next year together ar e a good movie as far as I am concerned.

After seeing this (and much more) that is so good I just about can't watch new TV. I don't watch much but it is all at least twenty years old. Now I a m getting tired of my usual and going to even older stuff. Black and white.

You know the RIAA and the MPAA lobbied and all this shit claiming that pira ting is costing them, but the fact is they are putting out garbage that nob ody wants to pay for. Now they just changed the law so that fifty year old works are no longer in public domain.

There is no creativity. And that is bad.

Reply to
jurb6006

There's some Sci-Fi shorts on youtube that have good, interesting stuff.

The poster "DUST" has some well written videos and there are others there as well.

Reply to
gray_wolf

TV comedies are some of the most rigidly derivative and pre-structured shows there are; they're pre-planned nearly down to the second from a template before they're ever really written. You can draw a schematic of it.

Reply to
bitrex

Krw's problem is that he thinks that being left-wing involves the mindless acceptance of some specific dogma - because krw has mindlessly accepted his right-wing dogma, and can't imagine that there's any other option.

In reality, the defining feature of left-wing thinking is that they don't accept anything as a given, and like to find out more facts and see if they support new and previously unexplored ways of solving problems.

What Marx and Engles ought to be famous for is pioneering the idea of collecting statistics about social problems. Sadly, Marx endorsed a totalitarian scheme (the leading role of the party) for imposing those solutions, which rather confused the issue.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw confuses "thinking" with "agreeing with krw". It's actually entirely obvious that krw doesn't ever think, but rather produces pre-programmed reactions to posts he doesn't like.

This is a particularly obvious case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Just for the record, bitrex clearly can think, not that krw is equipped to recognise this.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to