FY 2019 budget requests shutdown of NIST time stations

Pat Robertson is praying for protection. If his magic spell doesn't work I wonder if he'll claim it was because the Carolinas are being punished for being gay. I'm guessing not.

Reply to
bitrex

There are a LOT of hams that enjoy the hobby worldwide. It is FAR from obsolete. This is easy to see if you aren't sticking your head in the sand.

The lower frequencies below 30 MHz aren't worth the big giga-bucks that VHF and higher are.

Reply to
boB

Civillian maps not having fully accurate locations for poterntial millitary targets, no suprises there.

--
     ?
Reply to

It is true there is a lot of chat going on in the amateur bands. It is also true a lot of research has been done and some new systems were invented. We have our own satellites and a backup system that you will pray to help you when all your face-hook and cellphone towers and power lines break down. And well organized and the knowhow available. It has come to the rescue many times in many places and soon will again when that storm hits the US mainland. It also got many people interested in electronics, rubbing a xpad does not.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

John Larkin wrote

Sometimes I think you really need to open a window and see the real world.

When the war and or disaster hits then you will have nothing of your Cell phones. Email. GPS.

You are free to have your 'pinion, but are clueless in some cases.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Na, that is dangerous, he knows how to make 100ps pulses.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Tom Gardner wrote

I designed an build an artificial GPS satellite a few years ago. Its easy. If the US drones appear here I will feed those the location of the White-House. That is the mildest thing I can do.

Yes commercial GPS wanders all over the place, can be 10 meters any direction or more. Thats is why I have to test location before I fly my drone on my auto-pilot GPS in small space like behind the house, else it will happily fly into the trees or through a window.

Note the moment 'auto pilot activated', where it flies. For the rest it is very very precise...

As to the drone, is also uses Russian and Chinese GPS, in fact last time I tested the drone used the Russian -, and the remote the US GPS. I have a select switch here on xgpspc. Most new GPS modules support more than one GPS system, soon it will standard be US, China, Russia and EU system. Will the UK make there own too? It gets busy up there...

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

bitrex wrote

You must be very young, in my school days there were no PCs, modems, there was no internet. rockets there were, but the 'tronics was way too heavy, girls there were tough, but sex 24/7 is only for a few I guess, many other interesting things such as cars. no drugs either! Radio was cool. Music, school band, tape recorders...

This generation running after pokemon living in a virtual world that you can just unplug, worse than the matrix ;-)

hehe :-)

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

I'm pushing 40! I have grey in my beard, drink tea and fall asleep at

9:30 PM!
Reply to
bitrex

It's nearly the year 2020 remember, I never even legally bought a drink in a bar until the 21st century.

Reply to
bitrex

I stopped drinking alcohol years ago, I know what it can do, there was a day we had a sailing day with the school, and when back on land I was laying face down after drinking 5 liter of cheap red wine, the director of the school stepped over me and I heard him saying 'its him again', my friends took me home and told my mother I had too much sun. That scene was repeated in the Jack Sparrow movie for the first mate.. Drugs I stopped with too. But I did pull the sailboat free with a rope between my teeth.. Beautiful woman on board. Tea yes I drink that too sometimes (but rare).

I guess many are no more... There but for fortune...

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Yes, very young, I am heading towards 75, sometimes only get 4 hours sleep, just did a multi-city biking trip (just back and had some food and ice-cream), play with 'pick-a-second' pulses, and all sorts of 'tronix... hardly any grey hair (red), program all sorts of stuff in asm and C, nice weather today! Have to go out and try the modified LNB if it stays that way, hope the F and F to SMA connectors come in soon.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

I gave it up too, the body (or at least mine) seems to stop being able to process alcohol very well and hangovers (actually mild alcohol withdrawal) only get worse with time.

What's the point in having three or four beers and feeling goofy for an hour or two and then ill for the better part of a day /shrug

Reply to
bitrex

Also regular alcohol consumption interferes with "performance" and I'm not into dating old women. Or women my own age, for that matter...

Reply to
bitrex

there's probably some kind of communist propaganda encoded in all those

This was off by more than a mile, not feet. It was not off elsewhere. Naturally the antenna had unobscured visibility of the satellites.

RAF Boscobme Down is where some research flights are done.

What's the balance of probabilities?

And then there's Sochi, where 20 mile discrepancies are common...

Tom Gardner

bitrex wrote

That's right, more and more are having themselves cloned.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

bitrex wrote

You need a steady hand for the micro electronics, really. Things are getting smaller every day, I cheat sometimes, ordered DIL adaptor boards for these, lighter is for size compare:

hand soldering...

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

re ham radio....

+1

and that is key

makolber

You could be mistaken, it may be that women your age or older aren't dating you.

My wife is 3 years older, and is a lot of fun. Rides a Yamaha, teaches exercise classes, and is off to Europe with her two sons for a tour of wine country in Italy and I'll meet up with her later in the UK for a quick romp around southeast England/Wales...

I've always preferred women around my age, we have more to talk about!

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

In my area it actually seems easier in one's mid-late 30s to make a date with a woman in her mid-late 20s than a woman in her late

30s or early 40s.

Attractive, smart, single, and sane women in the latter female demographic are in high demand. Considered "fair game" for men in every age demographic, from 18 to 80.

Oh well it's not the end of the world.

Reply to
bitrex