FireFox problem

Thanks!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Go jump in the lake; i said i tried all apparently related options with no joy. If something does not work, i consider it not relevant. PS: there is no water in the lake PPS: it is muddy

Reply to
Robert Baer

Now you're lying. Never did you say you tried any suggestion.

You're just trying to belatedly cover your ass for your crappy responses. Gee, maybe we should use "Hmm" from now own to mean "I tried but did not work", too. Guess we'll have to interpret in multitude ways what you say versus what you claim to have said.

Back to square one since disabling the blockautorefresh option or changing the redirect option in Firefox didn't resolve the problem.

- Have you tried disabling all add-ons in Firefox, exit and reload Firefox, and retest at the problematic site?

- Have you tried running Firefox in its safe mode and retest at the problematic site?

- Have you tried creating a new profile in Firefox and retest at the problematic site?

By "have you tried", I mean "HAVE YOU TRIED", not some obtuse response, like "irrelevant".

Reply to
VanguardLH

I'm running 52.something, 32-bit. It hangs or crashes every fifteen or twenty minutes on certain websites.

I didn't have those problems before, using a much-earlier FF, but I 'upgraded' hoping to re-enable various plug-ins FF had unilaterally disabled.

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Mine is super stable. It hangs once a month maybe, and easily restarts. The new spin disabled a lot of old add-ons, but it's faster and claimed to be more secure.

My Win7 system and apps are more stable than any OS that I've run in the Microsoft age. The old Dec stuff would run steady between power failures.

lunatic fringe electronics

I go back to the Netscape Navigator Days (well actually much further back than that)....moved on the Firefox. Loved Firefox since the beginning, but always realized that after a time...it would slow down to the point of not working. This happened with all versions AND on various old and new computers. I finally changed to Chrome recently. So far, so good. At the same time I am trying many other browsers also, but I don't miss Firefox at all...just got tired of the same old problems.

Reply to
jtees4

Assigned to "things"? What genders do you assign to "things"?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Sure. German objects have a gender, too. (Die, der, etc.)

Reply to
krw

Then don't blame FF.

Get real.

Reply to
krw

?"Then don't blame FF. "

I don't and I didn't mean to make it sound as though I did. If there is any blame it would go to Digikey and Mouser. Who the hell cares about security regarding what component you choose.

Now when you get to the checkout stage I can understand. If they bounce you r old security they should be able to take your CC info over the phone and just fill the order as per your shopping cart. That I can understand, but t he selector guide ? I have seen it before, requiring a login and a strong p assword for the most mundane things. And it seems that it does not stop any tracking or anything, Google et al. seem to know when you took a shit last and what color it was anyway.

It is real. The biggest part of what Bill Gates did is figure out how to bu y for pennies on the dollar or outright steal ideas and make people pay him for them.

Reply to
jurb6006

Chrome is OK as long as you can tolerate the fact that it "soaks up" everything for Google.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Be advised that DOS is a Microsoft "app"; same stability as the Dec.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I had three years of French. It almost flunked me out of high school. My brain processes images; the language parts got crowded out. My wife is a speech pathologist and is amazed at how bad my language processing works.

I think resistors are feminine and caps are masculine.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

And indeed they are, in French. ;-)

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Both are masculine.

un condensateur

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Inductors must be feminine, then. Seems backwards but, then again, it is French.

Reply to
krw

Don't you log in? I don't because I don't buy from them (our buyers buy what I direct them to). If you log in, security is an issue, even just looking at resistors.

No, it's in your head.

Reply to
krw

just looking at resistors. "

I find that hard to believe. Just what would someone do with that information ? I am not being sarcastic here.

I have never logged in, but placed orders with them with no problem. why the hell would I want another username and password ? I have enough of them already.

About Microsoft ? That is a mater of history readily available to all. If you are ignorant of it then that must have been your choice.

Reply to
jurb6006

que je vis dans ce pays.

Jeroen Belleman