FireFox problem

Yep, right again.

Jeroen belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Tres bien. Merci.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Once you've logged in, you have access to your shopping card and can pay. Do you want them to log you out before checkout? That would seriously annoy people.

No, you're insane interpretation is in your head.

Reply to
krw

Fact is, it means shit until the bank numbers come out.

Is someone going to steal your yet to be patented idea from the BOM ? I kinda doubt that.

I just think they've gone too far, that's all. And there is no privacy on the net anyway so it is all a nice rosy picture that is not true.

Reply to
jurb6006

And when you check out?

No, just your bank account.

I think they're being very prudent. If you want to live with an out-of-date browser and they don't want to take that risk (at the end of the day, it is their risk after all), they can choose to fire you, the customer. It's clear that they'd rather you comply with their security requirements or not take your money, than take the risk of a hack. Seems reasonable to me.

Reply to
krw

Yeah, I agree. I knew that going in. I tried a few Chrome alternatives....each has some niggling problems so I am just using Chrome for now. But my search for the perfect browser is in full swing. I kind of like to find little known, non household name things that work for me.

Reply to
jtees4

The new Fox is very fast.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I accept that but don't really agree. What is the big problem with having an open server for part selection and then switch to a secure connection for the checkout ?

Really, I am not a programmer or an IT guy, if there is a reason tell me. Is it difficult to do ? Io can make my selections and then order by phone. Or write/print it and send it in with a postal MO.

Incidentally someone said if you order by mail with a check they ship free. Is that true ? If not, was it ever or was that person just blowing smoke ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Because people store their BOMs on their site. How would they know where they are if they didn't log in? You want special software just for you?

Having you crawl around their site with a security nightmare becomes their security nightmare.

Don't ask me. I've never ordered from DigiKey, personally. My employer gets free shipping (and a rather substantial discount).

Reply to
krw

I have bought from them but never even created a login. But there may be advantages to people in a different situation.

So be it, I just use a different browser for them and problem solved.

Reply to
jurb6006

ny blame it would go to Digikey and Mouser. Who the hell cares about securi ty regarding what component you choose.

our old security they should be able to take your CC info over the phone an d just fill the order as per your shopping cart. That I can understand, but the selector guide ? I have seen it before, requiring a login and a strong password for the most mundane things. And it seems that it does not stop a ny tracking or anything, Google et al. seem to know when you took a shit la st and what color it was anyway.

buy for pennies on the dollar or outright steal ideas and make people pay h im for them.

That's not far from true. I recall a debugger that could do things the MS debugger couldn't do (days of Win 3.1). At first MS tried to steal the sof tware and when they got sued they had to buy the company. Don't recall the name of the product.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

19 genders???

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

I'm not seeing that. Firefox runs with less memory than Chrome, but Chrome runs faster... until you run out of memory.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Just 3: masc, fem, neuter. But the gender can abruptly switch depending on the context (which confuses a lot of German learners).

Cursitor Doom

Why not? California has at least twice that many. Better not mix them up!

Reply to
krw

FF57 was touted as being a major rewrite and faster than its predecessors. Not here under Win7U/32, it was slower and crashed/locked up repeatedly. Reverted to FF56 and the goodness returned, but the assembled wisdom at Mozilla warned about serious security risks, and said if 57 wouldn't fly then the only cure was to switch to FF52ESR. Done deal, but a tad slower than 56.

Reply to
pedro