Charlottesville

Musket? I suppose they were riding rainbow colored Unicorns, as well?

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

'Social Keyboard Warrior' It fits you to a tee.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sounds more like you. You are the one talking all about "action" and doing exactly *nothing*. Clearly you are on a mission, but it failed.

--

Rick C
Reply to

I seem to have your number. You just can't recognize that two of those killed had *nothing* to do with the protests and somehow *everyone* there have become "rioters".

Now you are too impotent to do anything to anyone. All you can do is call people names. Do that at Kent State and you'll get shot.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Are you really that unobservant?

--

Rick C
Reply to

Bullhockey... the site wasn't "between classes"

...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

est

at

.

out

ard

and

't

ey.

Mike Terrell misses the point that two of the students killed at Kent State by the trigger-happy National Guards had nothing to do with demonstration .

It was primarily a failure of fire discipline, and no amount of fuss about what actual rioters might have had in mind detracts from the fact that the National Guard shot the wrong people. Since they weren't under threat of de adly force, they shouldn't have shot anybody.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

lunatic fringe electronics

I did some of my ROTC training with guys from Kent State, and we all knew the lessons pretty well. Mainly, it was that the tactics and equipment employed by the Guard at Kent State were flawed. A couple of the victims would have been in our training batallioni if they hadn't stopped rounds from Guard rifles.

We won't see a repeat, for good reasons.

Reply to
whit3rd

That covers most of the story, but a lot of people were fed up with the continuing violence from outside agitators, and draft dodgers who were in college only to avoid serving in the Military. I ran into some draftees while serving who threw hissy fits, when they learned that I was from Ohio. It was MY fault even though I was still in high school, and on the opposite corner of the state at the time.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael A. Terrell wrote on 8/13/2017 2:35 AM:

Draft dodgers??? No one in their right mind wanted to have anything to do with that war. It was immoral and ultimately worse than without a purpose. It represented everything wrong with America at that time.

Where was G. W. Bush? Clearly he felt it was not a war worth getting involved in.

--

Rick C
Reply to

AIUI, he's only been charged with 2nd degree.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

For first degree murder you have to show intent in the sense of premeditation, planning. With the little I presently know, I would expect second degree is the appropriate charge. If they find he had texted or announced on public media any mention of the idea of killing protesters, I expect that would be enough to charge him with first degree.

--

Rick C
Reply to

He going to try a panic defense, that the counter protesters attacked his vehicle and he feared for his life, so he floored the vehicle to escape the situation as best he could.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You guys are behaving like babies, not men. - Mom

Reply to
bitrex

Cuz the Vietnam War ended?

Reply to
bitrex

Really? I could have left it in drive, and run over them before they could smash out my windshield. Instead, I chose to make smoke and noise to scare them off, with the car in reverse. Go play with yourself.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"What every man who loves his country hopes for in his inmost heart: the suppression of half his compatriots." - Emil Cioran, "History & Utopia"

Reply to
bitrex
[...] I really resent these web sites that indiscriminately regurgitate Usenet posts.

Cursitor Doom

Like this disgusting PoS who Sloman probably idolises:

Cursitor Doom