Charlottesville

One has to ask... had there been no regressive's (nee progressive) on-site, would there have been any violence? ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Neither the Kekistan flag, nor Pepe the frog, which are both emblematic of the alt-right, were present. The Yankee Stars and Stripes, which is always present in any gathering of Trump supporters, was also notably absent.

Instead, a few people carried a mix of Confederate, KKK, and Nazi flags. Many of these flags appeared brand new, still with the packaging folds.

Was "Unite The Right" A Staged Media Event?

Mrs. Silence Dogood

Or an even simpler answer. Shortbit is the typical leftist liar we know him to be.

*My* father was WWII age and I was born fairly late in his life. I'm
Reply to
krw

The Great Society, and the associated "projects" were designed to keep blacks in perpetual poverty and keep them voting Democrat to keep the scraps tossed their way.

Reply to
krw

It was in *fact* the military arm of the Democratic Party (in capital letters). It was not limited to the South, as the ignorati like shortbit have been "taught".

Reply to
krw

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael A. Terrell wrote on 8/13/2017 6:05 PM:

That gave me a chuckle.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Something clearly needs to be done about this situation in which protesters and anti-protesters are allowed to clash on the same day in the same place. Everyone is entitled to make a peaceful protest no matter how upsetting their views may be to others; it's a cornerstone of a healthy democracy. IMO these anti-protesters were clearly in the wrong in the approach they took. Both sides are entitled to air their views, so common sense tells me they should have their protests on different days or different places so everyone's voice can be heard and we onlookers can decide for ourselves which side's argument carries the most weight. This is what Trump really needs to sort out, not wasting time on some pointless condemnation scripted for him to read aloud by fake 'news' purveyors like CNN.

Cursitor Doom

His 18th birthday was in August of 1944 and he shipped out in November. He's nearly 91 now and still doing pretty good and living mostly independently (though his doctor insisted he give up driving completely last year.)

He didn't save a lot from back then, but he gave me a few things that made it down through all the years for safe-keeping.

Reply to
bitrex

I'd say the island of Ireland is...Ireland and it is the UK who is the invader there. That much about "their own land".

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Bizarre idea. Unlike certain US right-wingers, I'm well aware that the Nazi party was a psychopathic crew of murderous lunatics, and even their memorabilia is repugnant.

The father of one of my friends had a very narrow escape in WW2 - he was supposed to be part of the team that went into Czechoslovakia to assassinate Heydrich

Happily, he fell off his motor-bike and broke his leg shortly before the operation, so somebody else got killed in his place (after the team had got Heydrich).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Stupid idea:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

No, and I doubt it ever will be. As you know I'm right-of-centre in my views. You may well think that I'm extremely right-of-centre. But I've met some *true* racists and they're not nice to be around at all. They wouldn't entertain my moderate views and I won't entertain their extreme views on this particular subject. Even though I'm a WASP, and so theoretically not on their radar, I still don't feel safe around them. For this and other reasons, 'Unite the Right' is a mere pipe dream.

Cursitor Doom

Even closet Leftist-Globalist organisations like the UN don't agree with your view on this. It does, however, agree that Israel *is* illegally occupying territory in the former Palestine which they seized after invading in 1967. But I'll wager you don't have the slightest problem with that, Mr. Wyderski.

Cursitor Doom

So you aren't a *true* racist, just a wannabe racist?

--

Rick C
Reply to

"alt right" was coined by Richard Spencer, a white supremacist you know-nothing.

One has to wonder the mental state of someone who automatically blames everything they don't like on the political party they don't agree with.

hondgm

This is pretty much spot-on. The right doesn't want alternative energy, doesn't want immigrants, doesn't want healthcare reform....unless it involves dismantling the ACA, which they weren't even able to do.

Reply to
hondgm

You showed them. A man that can drive in reverse exceeding 5MPH is impressive, to say the least.

Reply to
hondgm

If you didn't have your pic on your profile, I'd think you were a teenager based on how you're acting. Throwing insults around like that doesn't make you look very intelligent.

Reply to
hondgm

Proof? Oh, it's you. Nevermind.

Reply to