Charlottesville

You lefties always equate the military with criminals. Nothing new here.

Reply to
krw

When I first saw the incident that was what I assumed had happened and for all I know that may actually be the case. I'd been watching a live feed of the event from RT on and off for a couple of hours before the crash and noticed the threatening and intimidating behaviour of the anti- democrats towards isolated groups of alt-right supporters. Ugly, ugly business in a supposedly civilised country and the police just stood back and did nothing.

Cursitor Doom
[snip]

The FACT that I find so hilarious...

Planned Parenthood was created to limit black births. Why do Demoncrats support Planned Parenthood? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Nah, the thread was just from that time that MT was having trouble with the VA and IIRC Bill S. and I were offering to donate to a fund out of pocket immediately.

Given that my father is a WW2 combat veteran it seemed to be the right thing to do, at the time.

Reply to
bitrex

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, too. Which would be an interesting FACT, if it were still 1863.

Reply to
bitrex

There is no justification for firing into a crown of college kids.

lunatic fringe electronics

Sloman probably has a Nazi flag hanging in his wife's garage, too.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sorry you feel that way. There are thugs on a lot of campus who wouldn't hesitate to kill you.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He needs to stand up to these scumbags at CNN and elsewhere who tell him he needs to single out the "far right" for special condemnation and let them know in no uncertain terms that he will not read from their script and have words put into his mouth by the likes of them. Who the hell do they think they are? Two-bit, lying, self-serving hacks who've long since abandoned and desecrated the once-respected profession of journalism.

Cursitor Doom

Don't you mean *grand*father? If not he must have had you very late in life indeed. Or you're older than you claim to be...

Cursitor Doom

You're presumably ignorant of the fact that the KKK was originally a Democrat outfit and founded by same?

Cursitor Doom

Oh really? What do *you* think it says, then?

Cursitor Doom

Thugs who threaten or harm people or property should be arrested, or shot if they immediately threaten lives. One of the guys shot at Kent State was an ROTC member. One was a girl just walking between classes. The Guard didn't aim at perps, they just fired a volley into a crowd.

Shooting into a crowd of kids from hundreds of feet away is not justice.

lunatic fringe electronics

Of course not, but so what, it's not 1863 and everyone involved in the Democratic party in 1863 is long dead. If Democrats walked around in white hoods in 2k17 it might be relevant.

My ancestors probably ran around in Norway in horned helmets howling at the moon a thousand years ago too but to my knowledge nobody has ever asked me where my helmet is, either.

Reply to
bitrex

Life is unfair. Then you die. No one is guaranteed any life. I'm not saying that it was right, but people die from many things. They knew what was happening on campus that day, yet they did nothing to avoid the situation. It's called 'Situational Awareness'. Practice it and your chances of living another day go way up.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thomas Edison electrocuted animals, therefore all animal rights activists are hypocrites for using light bulbs. Flawless logic

Reply to
bitrex

He wanted to use Lawyers, but they were all hiding. ;-)

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My father was in WW2 ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Mine too, Jim. But you and I are considerably older than bitrex claims to be. Something doesn't add up. The offspring of parents where the father is middle-aged or older tend to be intellectually superior to their peers by some considerable margin, yet we have seen zero evidence of this in bitrex's case.

Cursitor Doom

The fellow that organised the statue-removal protest (name escapes me) went out in public in Charlottesville earlier today to make a statement about the unfortunate events of yesterday. Did he apologise? Did he disassociate himself and his followers from the actions of the killer/ driver? Did he appeal for calm? Did he promise to co-operate fully with any investigation into how such a regrettable outcome could be avoided in future? Sadly we may never know the answers to these and other questions, because he was robustly shouted down and completely prevented from speaking by the kind of gobby anarchists you're so keen to defend. The people who clearly want to reserve the right of free speech to themselves alone. Even that wasn't good enough for them so he had to be removed by the police for his own safety when it became clear that screaming and shouting obscenities at his face was just a prelude to what they had in mind to do to him. And this lynch-mob mentality rabble have the audacity to brand everyone who disagrees with them "haters."

Cursitor Doom