Charlottesville

The Internet alt-right cheer squad are just dime-a-dozen perpetually angry do-nothing racists who learned to string some words together online to maybe give the impression that they're something that they aren't or that they're fighting for something. But nobody's really fooled.

The reason Trump won't condemn them is that there are literally millions of them. They're as common as shit and about as useful (to anyone else.)

Reply to
bitrex

Maybe they wondered whether walking around in live action roleplaying costumes, carrying tiki torches and holding flags with a cartoon frog on them would, you know, make them look "too tough."

Reply to
bitrex

The extreme right doesn't have a thing to offer much of anyone but slavery and death. Why do I have to respect their "right to free speech"? Because it makes me a bad person if I don't? lol

Reply to
bitrex

Must be weird to stand up for the "rights" of people who one even admits would probably jack you for not being extreme enough. I'd probably tell the whole lot to get f***ed no matter how much we did or didn't have in common. YMMV I guess.

Reply to
bitrex

Sorry, responded to wrong person ;-)

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote on 8/15/2017 4:32 PM:

If you don't respect the rights of all, who is to say your rights won't be next to be ignored? Far right, far left, they don't have much in common except that they are both hated minorities.

Odd, isn't it, what they have in common is the thing they hate in general.

--

Rick C
Reply to

If you acknowledge you don't believe these people have rights, maybe you are the one class of people who *should* lose their rights?

Well, the second class... James Alex Fields Jr. will soon enough be in the first class.

--

Rick C
Reply to

FUD

Reply to
bitrex

The only people who Leftists ever describe as intelligent are other Leftists, no matter how *dumb* they are.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

AFAIK nobody except those who engaged in violence are in danger of facing charges or going to prison. For the moment the constitutional rights of everyone involved are just fine; there is no crisis of "rights" other than the one the Right has manufactured out of thin air. The reality is at the moment America is functioning precisely as intended, from a Constitutional perspective.

I never said that the government should arrest anyone for what they say, ever. But if lack of action can be construed as oppositional "action" then we're pretty much all guilty, all the time.

Reply to
bitrex

That is to say, nobody there is in jail or facing charges because of what they said. They are in jail or facing charges because they were _fighting_, which last I checked is illegal in the great Commonwealth of Virginia.

Reply to
bitrex

You seem to be doing a Trump, making statements on both sides of an issue. First you talk about not standing up for the rights of others, then you talk about arresting (or not) people for what they say. Not arresting people for their speech is not sufficient to assure their rights. The alt-right is a hate group and so is hated. But that doesn't mean we should allow violence against them.

Look at the video of the press conference given by Jason Kessler. He was punched at least twice. One person was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery, and released on unsecured bond. Little was done to actually stop or prevent any of the assaults. If Kessler had not run off through the shrubbery he would have received much more serious blows. In fact, it seemed he was only given attention by the police after he starts trampling the foliage. I thought maybe they were going to arrest *him* for a moment.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Do you consider me to be a leftist? I think Senator McCain to be intelligent. I just don't approve of some of his views and acts. Is McCain a leftist too?

--

Rick C
Reply to

One time many years ago I watched a street fight about to go down in the parking lot of a mall, somewhere in the Northeast. There was this young man who had been drinking one night and wrapped his Camaro around a tree near his home, killing him instantly. His friends left flowers and mementos by the tree as a kind of makeshift memorial.

Well, that young man was likely no saint himself, and had enemies. One evening a group of them came around late at night and set the tree with the memorial on fire. Word got around as to who did what, and a showdown was scheduled.

About 20 guys on each "side" showed up, with weapons - sledgehammers, chains, pipes, etc. But the local constabulary had gotten word of the rumble too, and arrived on the scene with about 8 squad cars and the paddywagon before the conflict could evolve beyond shouting and screaming.

Here's what the officers did: absolutely nothing, other than demand that the group remove itself from private property immediately, go back to their vehicles, and disperse. The shouting continued.

Eventually one hothead lost his mind and rushed the other "side" swinging wildly, even with the officers present. Immediately the officers drew weapons, demanded everyone get on the ground, and started slapping on cuffs and hauling members of the group off into police vehicles.

Reply to
bitrex

Proof? He said it, dumbass.

Reply to
krw

No he didn't. You claimed the connection.

Reply to
hondgm

You're simply illiterate.

Reply to
krw

Bob Hope poked fun of both parties.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't care about the UN's view. The 44 years of Soviet occupation of Poland and the earlier 123 years of its non-existence make me a little sensitive to the issue. If I were an Irish, I'd do all my best to expel the invaders. In our case it was a bit simpler, since the Soviets used to live in isolated garrisons. 400 years and a lot of mixed families make the problem rather complex.

The very existence of Israel as a country is a direct consequence of what the Germans were doing in Europe, again mostly on my soil, and a result of the British foreign politics starting int the 20s.

I hope it's the last time, please go play elsewhere. Unfortunately, all the Polish governments strictly stick to NPT, so we are bound to repeat the history. So the bashing will be well-deserved.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski